__________________________________________________ ______

Here's the latest map from the Encyclopaedia Elyden, showing a bit of background for the region of Gnoth, which is known for its mysticism and asceticism.

I really had fun making this one, and really like the mix of text and map. There might be a bit too much text for most, and it might look better with some graphics - maybe a small line drawings of the regions that are detailed in the map, though I don't yet feel confident-enough doing such things at the moment. But maybe I can update it someday.

I do like the look of this style of map, and am thinking of adding more of these kinds of maps to the Atlas in the future. Please let me know if you would like to see more maps in this style.

__________________________________________________ ______
The only known giganri nation in Elyden, Gnoth is a place of great natural beauty, it is bordered to the from the north west to the east by great mountain chains and has harbours overlooking the Sea of Serpents, and the Sea of Marden.

It is known to outsiders as an enigmatic place of aesthetics and monks who practice ancient forms of mysticism that date back to their people’s first footsteps behind their Demiurge father, Urakabrarameel with whom the giganri have a deep-rooted link: and as Urakabrarameel once grieved and languished over his place in the world, so do they feel the same.

The Gnothi people are insular to outsiders and little is known about their land outside of its merchant ports, but it is known to date back to the Fourth Age, largely unchanged from its present form, though has diminished in and ower. Despite this, it is thought that Gnoth possesses great military strength - in deed it has resisted what few attempts have been made against it in the Fifth Age, though given the belligerence of some regions in the Inner Sea to their neighbours, it is odd how such few attempts have been made against Gnoth.

__________________________________________________ ________

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnoth - west low-res.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	5.63 MB 
ID:	116040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnoth - east low--res.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	6.28 MB 
ID:	116041
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnothi facts.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	579.3 KB 
ID:	116042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnothi monasteries - low-res.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	5.88 MB 
ID:	116039

__________________________________________________ _______