Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the People's Republic of Gnoth

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Default the People's Republic of Gnoth

__________________________________________________ ______

Here's the latest map from the Encyclopaedia Elyden, showing a bit of background for the region of Gnoth, which is known for its mysticism and asceticism.

I really had fun making this one, and really like the mix of text and map. There might be a bit too much text for most, and it might look better with some graphics - maybe a small line drawings of the regions that are detailed in the map, though I don't yet feel confident-enough doing such things at the moment. But maybe I can update it someday.

I do like the look of this style of map, and am thinking of adding more of these kinds of maps to the Atlas in the future. Please let me know if you would like to see more maps in this style.

__________________________________________________ ______
    The only known giganri nation in Elyden, Gnoth is a place of great natural beauty, it is bordered to the from the north west to the east by great mountain chains and has harbours overlooking the Sea of Serpents, and the Sea of Marden.

It is known to outsiders as an enigmatic place of aesthetics and monks who practice ancient forms of mysticism that date back to their people’s first footsteps behind their Demiurge father, Urakabrarameel with whom the giganri have a deep-rooted link: and as Urakabrarameel once grieved and languished over his place in the world, so do they feel the same.

The Gnothi people are insular to outsiders and little is known about their land outside of its merchant ports, but it is known to date back to the Fourth Age, largely unchanged from its present form, though has diminished in and ower. Despite this, it is thought that Gnoth possesses great military strength - in deed it has resisted what few attempts have been made against it in the Fifth Age, though given the belligerence of some regions in the Inner Sea to their neighbours, it is odd how such few attempts have been made against Gnoth.

__________________________________________________ ________

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnoth - west low-res.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	5.63 MB 
ID:	116040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnoth - east low--res.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	6.28 MB 
ID:	116041
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnothi facts.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	579.3 KB 
ID:	116042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnothi monasteries - low-res.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	5.88 MB 
ID:	116039

__________________________________________________ _______

Hehe, not too much text for me, even if I agree it could be even better with some graphics, even illustrations or minimaps. Great work as always, Nate

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I agree it could be even better with some graphics, even illustrations or minimaps.
    I need to practice, maybe I can get half as good as you and your designs!

Your maps are such an inspiration to me, Nate! I follow you on Instagram, and everytime you and MistyBeee posts something, I run to my sketchbook to spend some time drawing! haha

This one is specially good because, at least for me, you're mixing a very technical National Geographical-esque style with an amount of text that's unusual for this kind of map, making it unique. One thing I'd suggest, though, is to represent the flags without wind/shadow effect -- since the description is very straight, I'd recommend a very clean representation of the flag (thinking of heraldry, so no one would assume that the actual flag has some sort of grey fading stripes or something).

Ah, and on the text about Adjura, you wrote "Abjura".

Amazing work, keep it coming! <3

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Possibly you've said before but are you planning to publish the whole atlas in book or website form? I've been working on a website for my own world of Helevos but I never seem to have the time.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Müller View Post
    Your maps are such an inspiration to me, Nate! I follow you on Instagram, and everytime you and MistyBeee posts something, I run to my sketchbook to spend some time drawing! haha
    Thank you so much, it means a lot when people mention me with great artists like that - it's very encouraging

This one is specially good because, at least for me, you're mixing a very technical National Geographical-esque style with an amount of text that's unusual for this kind of map, making it unique. One thing I'd suggest, though, is to represent the flags without wind/shadow effect -- since the description is very straight, I'd recommend a very clean representation of the flag (thinking of heraldry, so no one would assume that the actual flag has some sort of grey fading stripes or something).
    I see what you mean about the flage. I do like the wind effect though. But perhaps I can tone down the shadows so its not too evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Possibly you've said before but are you planning to publish the whole atlas in book or website form? I've been working on a website for my own world of Helevos but I never seem to have the time.
    I wish I could make a site, but i don't have the know-how (or time, I guess). It's something I've thought of doing, to maybe try and sell some prints too. not sure if one of those sites like GoDaddy or Wix are worth it or if i should go with an individual to do it though

Your dedication to this project is something out of this world! Yet another carefully, beautifully crafted addition to the atlas. Impressive as always!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Your dedication to this project is something out of this world! Yet another carefully, beautifully crafted addition to the atlas. Impressive as always!
    thank you

Fantastic as always ! The worldbuilding is amazing every time !

Whoah, I love the work you put into your world! And this map is beautiful, too, very fun to look at in detail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast