Thread: Realm of the Moonblade Saga: Map by Blando

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Map Realm of the Moonblade Saga: Map by Blando

Hey all,

Another B/w Map I just finished up a few weeks ago for author Matt Adams and his Moonblade Saga book(s). The world takes place within a massive valley, and is surrounded on three sides by high peaks. I had to add quite a bit of river and streams, many of which were not in the sketch to simulate the insane amount of water that would be flowing through the area!

This one was pretty straightforward, nothing too insane. Matt wanted a more legible font for the tags. Originally they were more old englishy, but I understand wanting more legibility given the size.

Critiques and comments always welcome.

~Blando
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Realm Map of the Moonblade Saga Blando 200dpi sample.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	116104  
    Last edited by TheRedEpic; 06-16-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Very nice. Somehow it reminds me of J.E. Lands of Farsin. Probably because the map in surrounded by mountains, which btw. are awesome looking.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Aww, always so good... I love how you adapt your style to black/white, with still a strong identity. This thin white outline over the mountains works incredibly well, and I love how the map get lost in the clouds on the top... Splendid as always

Beautiful work on the inking. I agree with Misty bee that adding the white outline over each mountain was a good choice. I quite like the detail work on that Cinderspur Mountain as well. Really lovely work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

You continue to be one of my favorite artists on the internet. Your maps are an endless inspiration and constant delight. I think my favorite detail is the circular decorations around Cinderspur and a couple of the cities. Such a simple idea, but the execution looks insanely good.

As beautiful as ever, straight to my inspiration folder!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I think you have the most efficient result for b&w maps I've ever seen. Great evocative locales and what a contrast !

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Thanks for the compliments and comments everyone, just happy to contribute some work to CG community :-)

I don't know why but this reminds me a lot of the maps you find in the old ravenloft gazetteers.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

The contrast in color between the dark edge and the bright interior really makes this one stand out.

Guild Novice

I can't get over how beautiful this looks! The mountains are amazing.