Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realms of Evernight and Avonbree

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Your maps are always so excellent, something to inspire the rest of us!
    Thanks Qed !

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Jup, love it! All your elements are superb.

I'd love to see this in color, wonder how it's vibe would be then. Not that i dislike this "coloration", mind you. Just saying!

And as almost always with maps i love, I'd wish i could zoom in more.
    Thank you !!
    Actually the client once asked for a color version and I even made a quick WIP-try for it at the very beginning of the project, but since I had no news since 2017, I assume it won't happen :
    Name:  EvernightAbonbree_color_by_MistyBeee.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  36.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I do love it. It's simpler than your usual work but still just as good, which is quite an achievement
    Hehe, thanks Falconius ! Simpler, probably because it's back to 2017 and I was still developping this style : there's things I would do differently now, and develop a little more ^^

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Each of your maps seems to find its way into my inspiration folder. The griffon and dragon were a really nice touch. I also like the way you portrayed the clouds hovering around the mountain peaks. Beautiful work!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Hehe, there's a fair amount of your maps in my own inspiration folder as well : that's the Guild's spirit, isn't it ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Always a pleasure to wander around in your maps, Beee
    I have to spread rep, but I'll be back.
    Thanks Sir ! For some reason, this map is always special to me, both for good and bad reasons... but the good ones are winning

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    As fine as ever, B. Of course I love it

I must give kudos to your client. There is something about the title of this map that just... speaks to me somehow. Oddly inspiring all on their own.
    Isn't it ? It was one of those maps where the client put so much love and care in his sketch it was so easy to make his mind appear on the map. I love that kind of collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great map Beee!!
    Thanks so much, Bogie !! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEpic View Post
    Such wonderful ink work, I'm always impressed by it! :-)
    Hehe, thanks so much, Jared, even if it's just digital ink, it means a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Really great. As always.
    Glad you love it, 'Cali !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

I did! Just sad I couldn't rep you again so soon.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project ~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

WOW... When I noticed you saying it was from back in 2017 I had to double take. This is already a stellar job, but then I looked at your DA page and holy ****. You have an insane amount of skill. Seriously, something to aspire to!

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    I did! Just sad I couldn't rep you again so soon.
    Your kind comments are enough for me ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by IICubeII View Post
    WOW... When I noticed you saying it was from back in 2017 I had to double take. This is already a stellar job, but then I looked at your DA page and holy ****. You have an insane amount of skill. Seriously, something to aspire to!
    Oh, thanks so much ! I'm glad if you love my work
    2017, yes... Time flies so fast !
    Edit : Oh, 'almost forgot ! Welcome to the Guild, Cube ! ^^
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 06-19-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Great map, Beee! The colored version would have been interesting, but this one has some sort of "ancient map" flair that I like.

I commented on this over at Deviantart where I first saw it a few minutes ago; just superb work!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map, Beee! The colored version would have been interesting, but this one has some sort of "ancient map" flair that I like.
    Thanks Ilanthar ! It's a fun style to draw, an an easy one for me now, as it's probably the one I use the most : just a linework (and, well... a quick light/shading touch), easy to put on parchment, easy to adapt in black/white only for a printed novel... But I'm exploring ways to adapt it with some basic colors, which works pretty well, especially for city maps. Actually, I have one in my pocket I need to finish and post soon ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by OUdaveguy98 View Post
    I commented on this over at Deviantart where I first saw it a few minutes ago; just superb work!
    Aww, thanks so much ! ^_^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12