Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hag Tree

Map The Hag Tree

Rumors are whispered in dim taverns about a peculiar tree residing deep within a murky swamp. It is said to be a giant misshapen thing, oozing with malice. Some hold that it was once a dryad's tree back before the glade it stood in fell under a curse. Others suspect it is home to a cruel coven that preys upon the flesh of men and women. All are agreed that something evil now festers within.

Well it took a bit longer than anticipated but The Hag Tree is finally complete (the WIP is here). The Hag Tree is a 20”x30” multilevel battlemap of the lair of a coven of hags suitable for use in Roll20 (and other VTTs) as well as for home printing.

The idea for this map initially sprung from the needs of my own table. I was designing a swamp based hag-lair encounter and, time being limited, was looking for any published maps that met that description to use at the table. I did end up finding a few such products but none of which offered much in the way of interior views of the hags’ lair. I figured if I was looking for this type of product others might be as well, so I designed The Hag Tree to fill this need.

This map may be purchased either at my web-store or at my publisher page on DTRPG. I am currently seeking reviewers for The Hag Tree over at DTRPG. If you would be interested in receiving a complimentary copy of this map for review please send me a PM letting me know (I’m looking for between 3-5 individuals). Anyway, hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think and if there's anything you think might be improved upon for future battlemaps.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Hag Tree.png 
Views:	1559 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	116128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hag Tree Layers Preview.gif 
Views:	1198 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	116129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preview Docks.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	116130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preview Dining Room.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	116131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preview Apothecary.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	359.3 KB 
ID:	116132  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preview Loft.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	316.7 KB 
ID:	116133   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preview Crows Nest.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	116134  

Holy crap, man.

So bloody cool! The colors are just gorgeous, the lighting effects are spot on and the the atmosphere of this piece is 101%. The different levels are just a cherry on top of the sundae of awesome.

Love it, love it, love it.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

That was absolutely well executed. Can't find one thing to even nitpick about it. I wouldn't doubt that you'll get rave reviews on this.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Brilliant Love the gif.
    Great color choices. All of it is wonderful, Arsheesh.

One of you best work imo. Beautiful lineart and colours. Just can't stop watching it.
    Briliant idea with the gif animation. I have been playing with animation too lately for some banners and i never though i could use it for maps elevation presentation. This is neat
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I'm happy to finally see the full version, and it's. so. damn. good ! Every single element is perfectly rendered, and your light is wonderful. A masterpiece !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Holy crap, man.

So bloody cool! The colors are just gorgeous, the lighting effects are spot on and the the atmosphere of this piece is 101%. The different levels are just a cherry on top of the sundae of awesome.

Love it, love it, love it.
    Thank you very much Kellerica, I appreciate your kind feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    That was absolutely well executed. Can't find one thing to even nitpick about it. I wouldn't doubt that you'll get rave reviews on this.
    Thank you Greason Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Brilliant Love the gif.
    Great color choices. All of it is wonderful, Arsheesh.
    Thank you very much J.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    One of you best work imo. Beautiful lineart and colours. Just can't stop watching it.
    Briliant idea with the gif animation. I have been playing with animation too lately for some banners and i never though i could use it for maps elevation presentation. This is neat
    I appreciate it Voolf. Yes, since this was a commercial piece with a lot of pieces I wanted a good way to quickly and easily show how they all fit together. The .gif animation seemed like just the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I'm happy to finally see the full version, and it's. so. damn. good ! Every single element is perfectly rendered, and your light is wonderful. A masterpiece !
    How very kind of you to say MistyBee.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Some serious skill here, great work dude!

Looks really good, been meaning to run one of my parties through a hags hut for some time and this is by far the best battle map I have seen for something like that.

Wicked Cool! Just amazing lighting and mood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast