Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My attempt at making own Atlas

^^^ THX guys,

New tests, and I'm more and more happy (ignore the coastline it's just a test)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image842.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	118821

Wow those are really fantastic results. Looks really natural now. No evidence of Wilburs diagonal or horizontal river cuts either.

Name:	Joaqa1G.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	119016

Guess I really like the look of this, so I can move to new challenges. For me mapmaking is moving from one problem to another it seems

Yep I agree, I think you reached the right settings on the last one !
    We're just waiting for a map now... please go ahead with this !

Ooh, that is just fantastic! I don't have any idea what settings you used but the results speak for themselves. Look forward to seeing more updates on this project.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

These are really cool!, can you explain your process with Gaea? I've played with it but im not sure how you're getting it to model whole continents instead of just singular landforms?

I'm with glasswork here, I would absolutely love to learn how you did this in Gaea.

Quote Originally Posted by glasswork View Post
    These are really cool!, can you explain your process with Gaea? I've played with it but im not sure how you're getting it to model whole continents instead of just singular landforms?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadixdarkkon View Post
    I'm with glasswork here, I would absolutely love to learn how you did this in Gaea.
    It's mostly experimental so you can try to work with other nodes, but here are all my nodes:

Name:	graf.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	119072

First File node is my mountain mask, second file node is land shape. I combine it with cracks on 'Subtrack' method, erode it with 'Large Mountain Range' pre set. Rest is prete much default, you can skip terraces easily.

Saving as PNG 16-bit is broken for now in GAEA so it better to save it as TIFF. I convert it to png, then in wilbur fill basin and incise flow to shape it

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    It's mostly experimental so you can try to work with other nodes, but here are all my nodes:

Name:	graf.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	119072

First File node is my mountain mask, second file node is land shape. I combine it with cracks on 'Subtrack' method, erode it with 'Large Mountain Range' pre set. Rest is prete much default, you can skip terraces easily.

Saving as PNG 16-bit is broken for now in GAEA so it better to save it as TIFF. I convert it to png, then in wilbur fill basin and incise flow to shape it
    So is that the Quadspinner node layout? I backed GAEA in Alpha and I'm happy it's maturing to this degree so fast! I have to finally get it to work now that it's in a stable build!

Can't wait to see more of your maps Santos! LOOKING LEGIT!

Maybe you'd like to go CO-OP Solar System up with me? You know two passion projects together equal twice the market impact. PM me for more!

LOVING IT!

Just wanted to pile on to thank you for the tutorial. The results look fantastic so far- looking forward to seeing more.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast