Thread: Village Map - Tabletop RPG Cartography! Any Comments?

Default Village Map - Tabletop RPG Cartography! Any Comments?

"The Village of Pinewood". A Brand New Map, Rather Than A Floor Plan. "Pinewood" is a Beautiful Village Surrounded by Evergreen Woodland. The Village has a Cruciform Historic Church, with Nearby Community Hall, a Large Lodgings Tavern (Indicated by a Large Upside Down "u"-Shaped Building), with Stables and Kennels, A Main Road With Several Arterial Roads (Indicated in Black) through the Village and a Number of Dwellings and Small Enterprises. There are 2 Mythic Stone Circles Near the Centre of the Map. Mature Evergreens are Growing All Over the Village, as indicated by the Circular Tree Graphic Symbols. #map #maps #villagemap #villagemaps #rpg #rpgs #roleplayinggame #tabletoprpg #dnd #dnd5e #pathfinder #gurps #merps #theoneringrpg #adventuresinmiddleearth #cartography #cartographer #gaming #game #rpgmap #justinknightfloorplans #justinknightcartography #village #tabletoproleplayinggame #ttrpg #book #novel #fiction #author

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a good look. I think the spacing much depends on the setting and construction materials available.
    If it's medieval and relatively western europe-ish, I would think that with either stone or wood, the buildings would be more tightly packed. It does depend on what the building is used for, of course. Maybe a bit more space around livery stables, blacksmiths, masons, etc., although there could be guild oriented clusters of said buildings. Warehouses would probably be next to each other as well. There would be a bit more green space that had nothing that could be accessed by others for festivals, markets, etc. Just a thought.

Thank you so much for your intelligent and well thought out comments. I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I think you could try a little more variation in the shape of some of the buildings. People would build their own homes, or inherit them and adapt them to their needs. It's a fun little village!

Thank you for commenting on my post. I totally agree. I really do need to vary the buildings. There are so many possibilities. This was one of my first serious attempts at a Village Map though, so I will have to definitely keep this in mind for the next time. I really appreciate your views.