Hey there everyone... well... everyone that's willing to welcome new people that is.

I'm new to the site, actually caught wind of it's existence on Youtube. Looks like a cozy little place to settle in! I looked around a bit and you guys seem to have a solid community going. I suppose I wanted to join to show off my skills a bit, I'll be posting in the finished maps section once I finish this post. Hell, maybe even do a few commissions on the side if people want em'!

=

So, a little about myself, I'm an avid D&D gm. I run games every Wednesday and Friday online using Tabletop Simulator, and have been for a few years now. I've been a graphic designer for... somewhere in the 8-10 year range. By the time I went to college for graphic design I pretty much knew everything there was to know.

After finishing up there I went into freelance graphic design, and I do okay money wise. Not great... but it pays the bills so I can't complain too much. I unfortunately find myself unchallenged by the standard business cards, flyers, and banners my job requires me to make on a semi regular basis. But again, it pays the bills... so that's something.

After a while, I combined these two skill sets. Starting drawing maps in Photoshop, didn't take long before I got obsessed with making the best set-up for my players, and now I make (nearly) all my own assets for D&D. Including, but not limited to, a world map. Been having a lot of fun with it lately. If I'm not playing games on PS4 or hanging with the misses, I'm likely writing, drawing, planning, etc.

=

Anyway, that's the short and sweet version of why I signed up here. Excited to see what comes from joining a whole community based around making maps and all that stuff! Maybe I'll even end up on the front page? We'll see I suppose. So, thanks for reading if you made it this far into me rambling!