Thread: June/July '19 Lite Challenge: Where the Monsters Are!

Wip June/July '19 Lite Challenge: Where the Monsters Are!

June/July '19 Lite Challenge: Where the Monsters Are!

This month's Challenge is to create a map of a place where you would expect to find Monsters. Lots of possibilities here, You might find monsters in a dungeon, a cavern, a swamp, a dark eldritch forest or deep in the ocean. Or, for those of you who prefer regional mapping, a large area map that shows the forbidden areas that are overrun by Creatures of the Night, SciFi fans could map an asteroid belt populated by space nasties. Maybe from my childhood that lonesome road that runs through the Blackhawk Scary Forest.....
    So many possibilities for you Wild & Crazy people!

Win a silver compass, everyone needs a Precious!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of July, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be you!

As usual, title your threads: "June/July '19 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The Challenge will run from June 20th until end of day July 14th

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.
    Come on now, you know you can't resist!!
    Last edited by Bogie; 06-20-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Sounds super cool will definitely make a map for this, already have a ton of ideas.

Got an idea! Better snag my thread title before anyone else can steal it.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected NarramoreArt's Avatar

I'm doing my best to think of some good monsters to include in a map. Hopefully I'm able to make something that works.
    At the very least I'm excited to see what others come up with!
    Find me online as @NarramoreArt
    I'm mostly on twitter but you can also find me on instagram or even facebook!
    You can also check out my website narramore.art

Blog Entries

I have a question.. Can I use for this challenge a map that I didnt finished yet?

Quote Originally Posted by FranCobasGC View Post
    I have a question.. Can I use for this challenge a map that I didnt finished yet?
    Look at Bogie's initial post, the 'Quick rules reminder' section at the bottom, the second sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by FranCobasGC View Post
    Sorry, but no. The rule is that it must be a new map, started after the beginning of the challenge.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Oohhh that sounds great! I will definitely enter that challenge.
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

The contest ends tonight about 12:30 am my time, it is 5:45 now, so a little less than 7 hours from now.