Thread: My shot at creating a continent

Default My shot at creating a continent

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt at creating a continent. It is about the size of europe and is surrounded by a lot of seas and oceans.
    I wanted to draw in realistic land masses, elevations, rivers sytems and islands. I am a beginner to geofiction so i dont know the details
    Its still work in progress but so for im quite content with how its looking for now.

Hope to hear some good feedback from you guys, anything is welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FANTASY MAP CONTINENT 2.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	8.64 MB 
ID:	116155

All the work is done with only adobe illustrator (i know its not the most efficient)
    Last edited by casper1997; 06-20-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Hey, Casper, that's looking really nice! I assume you understand map projections very well (because I'm not so good on that, and yours looks really nice hahah).
    You should be content because it's looking really good! I'd suggest that you put a key to you elevation scale, because the distance scale is on KM, but the elevation one doesn't make it clear -- although I assume it's in meters.

Also, your rivers are barely visible on a 100% zoom; have you tried to increase their weight? Maybe one pixel would already make a difference. Otherwise darken the color just a bit.

About Adobe Illustrator: that's my first choice for this kind of map (like this one). You are working with a huge image size, and a vector-based software is the best call. Using Photoshop would create a massive file, and only by mentioning it my computer starts to cry.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I really love this! If you don't mind me asking, was there a particular way you went about coming up with the shape of the continent?

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

That's a very good start - if anything it's a bit *too* much like Europe, but I guess that's fine if you're going for a deliberate homage.