Today I want to introduce you to the „project“ that brought me to the Guild: The Island of Stepkliff.

It's a small island (59 mi east to west and 40 mi north to south) situated in my RPG world. You can reach the island in half a day coming from the continent of Atingund in the east. Still it was uninhabited for a long time due to its sharp and dangerous cliffs. Crown prince Friedrich was the first man to set foot on the island and claimed it for the Kingdom of Atingund. In recognition of this accomplishment, his father Heinrich I. made Friedrich Duke of the new Duchy of Stepkliff. The eastern bay, where Friedrich came ashore, was named Prince-Friedrich-Fjord. On its shores Friedrich founded the City of Baiershaven. Nearly 200 years later, the self-proclaimed Emperor of Atingund, Gustav I., attacked the island after Konrad III., Duke of Stepkliff, refused to pay the newly demanded taxes.

I initially created the map over a year ago in GIMP. After getting into hand-made cartography, I wanted to draw it on paper. But this week I got a Gaomon M10K 2018, so I decided to draw it digitally as there may be additions in the future.

This is the one that started the project:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stepkliff.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	371.2 KB 
ID:	116239

And this is my first WIP.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stepkliff.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	116240