Thread: Hello, I'm Tomi and I'm addicted to mapmaking...

Map Hello, I'm Tomi and I'm addicted to mapmaking...

Hello! My name is Tomi, and I'm new to the mapmaking world. I've always loved maps and globes, and a few weeks ago I had the random thought that a D&D-kind of map would make a great background for some pin packaging I was designing for our shop. I started looking up tutorials and techniques for drawing maps, and I was instantly hooked! I've been drawing maps in all my spare moments and finding all the mapmakers I can online and gaining so much inspiration. I heard about Cartographers Guild from (stalking) Mistybeee on Instagram, and I thought the challenges and feedback here sounded wonderful! I'm still trying to figure out all the posting etiquette, so please forgive me if I miss something, but I thought I'd share the map I finished the other day. There are some inconsistencies as I'm trying to figure out my style, but I enjoyed drawing this so much! (Drawn on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil in Procreate)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 85.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	7.71 MB 
ID:	116259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	792.2 KB 
ID:	116260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	701.5 KB 
ID:	116261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	116262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	736.7 KB 
ID:	116263  

Hey Tomi, and welcome aboard ! I'm honored you joinded thanks to me, and I can promiss you'll discover the comunity here is one of the kindest you can find on the Internet ! ^^

You're welcome to post finished maps in the Finished Map room, or if you're still working on it, in the WIP/Critique section to get help or feedbacks during the process. The cutie you have here has some super cute elements and would worth to be posted officially !

I hope to see you soon jumping in a challenge ! I have the feeling you could have amazing ideas for this month's Little challenge : Where the Monsters are ^^

Our Lady Beee is right on all accounts, listen to her

You have an awesome style already, and I can't wait to see what you'll do next. Welcome to the Guild! Oh, and let me be the first to send some Rep your way too - these bits certainly deserve it.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 06-26-2019 at 05:21 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Beee is right. Also: A warm welcome to you! You are certainly welcome, and I like what you opened with! =)
    Best wishes, Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Thank you so much! I'm working on a piece I think will be fun for this challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hey Tomi, and welcome aboard ! I'm honored you joinded thanks to me, and I can promiss you'll discover the comunity here is one of the kindest you can find on the Internet ! ^^

You're welcome to post finished maps in the Finished Map room, or if you're still working on it, in the WIP/Critique section to get help or feedbacks during the process. The cutie you have here has some super cute elements and would worth to be posted officially !

I hope to see you soon jumping in a challenge ! I have the feeling you could have amazing ideas for this month's Little challenge : Where the Monsters are ^^

You're so kind! Thank you SO much!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Our Lady Beee is right on all accounts, listen to her

You have an awesome style already, and I can't wait to see what you'll do next. Welcome to the Guild! Oh, and let me be the first to send some Rep your way too - these bits certainly deserve it.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Beee is right. Also: A warm welcome to you! You are certainly welcome, and I like what you opened with! =)
    Best wishes, Steffen