Thread: The Karrigar Isles (WIP)

Wip The Karrigar Isles (WIP)

Been working on this for a while but picked it up again recently after taking a relatively long break.

I've tried a lot of things that are new to me in this map to add a bit more of a fantasy feel so some features are a bit scuffed for my liking but I'm happy with how it's shaping up overall.

I haven't worked out a place in any world for it, but I have a few lore pieces here and there:
    - Karrigars Bounty is a merfolk hive.
    - The Redeemer's sea is an area infested with large monsters, where Criminals can be sent to retrieve artifacts in exchange for prison time.
    - The Shipeater Islands are home to Sirens and exceptional mariners, being difficult to assail due to the terrain.
    - Serpent's Strait is the supposed home to a mythical sea serpent.
    - The large crack in the broken plains on the left leads to an enormous underground cave system.
    - The large islands are said to be the bodies of dead titans according to local legends.

Materials: Pencil, ruler, black Faber Castell PITT artist pens.

Part 1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55861195_1847491002021996_4469351820145197056_n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	116273

Part 2 (most recent)

Name:	IMG_20190626_042213.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.35 MB 
ID:	116274

Love the sea monsters, wish more maps had nice hand drawn ones. See new photoshop mappers use stock ones too often.

Thanks! I try to do at least one or two new things every time I do a map that is just for my own free time.

Sea monsters seemed fitting after seeing some fun stuff while browsing maps online.

Added a few more details and greys.

Name:	Karrigar.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	116458

Things are coming along pretty nicely I think with some more details added. Most of the words are added, some shading, a little renaming and a bit of border work.

,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karrigar2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	116548
    Last edited by CaptainBearMode; 07-11-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Black and white version is now complete.

Name:	Karrigar B&W fin.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	754.2 KB 
ID:	116578

Very nice, like the shading for the most part[great forests] other than where it is almost black but a very comfy feel in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GodofMoxie View Post
    Very nice, like the shading for the most part[great forests] other than where it is almost black but a very comfy feel in the end.
    Thank you! I know that some parts are a lot more dark than expected. I'm not too used to my grey brush pens and the volcano ended up a lot darker than I expected. I'll learn for next time!