Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illum WIP

Wip Illum WIP

Hi everyone. I'm working on a new commission for an RPG module. This is a regional map with hard Gothic horror fantasy elements. Players begin their careers as members of a distinguished monster hunting guild known as the Red Cloaks. My client requested a map similar to my Sundown piece that showed a detailed layout of the cities. We also agreed that monsters along the border seemed appropriate to the theme of the campaign setting. Anyway here's the concept art. I'm finishing up the linework at the moment and will post another update soon.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concept Art.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	116299  

...oops, that was an earlier version of the concept art. Here is the final approved version.

Name:	Concept Art 3.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	116300  

Aww, great ! I saw it on IG this morning and am so happy to see your concept sketch ! It looks amazing already. 'love the vertical frame !

Thanks MistyBee. Yeah the long vertical frame is due to the fact that the map is going to sit on one column of an A4 sized document (with descriptive text on the other side). However I made the image larger so that it could be printed out in a larger format if desired. It was a fun challenge coming up with a border design for these sort of dimensions.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very nice, I love me some Ravenloft so I can't wait to see how this gothic horror themed map turns out.

Oh my, this is already looking absolutely fabulous. I'll be watching this with great interest, I've really loved your previous few maps.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks guys. Here's a look at the finished linework for this piece. I'm finishing up flatting in the base colors at the moment and will have another update soon.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Name:	Linework Small.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	116406  

Can't wait to see this colored!
    „The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began
    Now far ahead the Road has gone
    And I must follow if I can“

– Bilbo Baggins

Spectacular Tad! Honestly, I never really realised the extend of you talent. The latests couple of pieces that you made really show of your drawing skill in a way that your previous maps did not. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see this finished!

I agree with Daniel : your last maps are amazing, and this one will be the same, if not better. I look forward to seeing your coloration !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast