Thread: Looking for a map for a small Westerosi town and castle

Post Looking for a map for a small Westerosi town and castle

Hello all,

My group is starting a campaign in the Song of Ice and Fire roleplaying game and we just finished creating our house. I was hoping to commission a map from one of you for a map I can bring to our sessions of their house keep and town.

I am looking to spend around $100 on the map, I am willing to go higher but this is strictly for personal use so I can't spend too much.

It will be a map for what is considered a small castle with a hamlet around it. I will be relying on the experience of the mapmaker to help decide things like scale, number of buildings for the population, etc. I will provide a rough sketch and description of the area. Someone who is familiar with Westeros may be preferred.

Here are a couple maps from these forums that I liked for the style, though please let me know if these types of maps will cost more. I got these images from this forum, but forgot to get the names of the mapmakers of them. Sorry!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1Branwynn 01réduit.PNG 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	116337

Name:	1a209d1cb4177fccc69e889a80f9fa69f5.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	457.0 KB 
ID:	116338

Name:	1KopfarrVillage_300_04.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	116339

Like I said this is just for our gaming group, so I don't need copyright and will not be selling the map or anything. I would prefer a digital map, because as the players upgrade their house, they may add more lands and such, so possibility for future work here. As far as size, as big as the price allows.

I would like the map in about 3 weeks.

Please feel free to email me here : kraigprzybylski (at) gmail (dot) com

I can answer any other question there or post here and I should get an email.

Look forward to hearing from some of you, I love the work on this forum and can't wait to see what I end up with!

I have just completed my binge of Game of Thrones, and would consider taking this on just because I wouldn't mind going back. But my style is notably different from your samples. I have a few fantasy city maps for roleplaying games in my portfolio. Generally I would charge more for a city map though, they can be pretty complex, but the visuals are very fresh in mind still.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hi Prizzy, I'd also be interested in working on this project with you; I've been making city maps for a while and would love to make another one. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com, and if you like what you see you can send me a message through the contact form on my site or email me at kateam@optonline.net.

Hope to hear from you.
    Kate

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
    Hello all,

My group is starting a campaign in the Song of Ice and Fire roleplaying game and we just finished creating our house. I was hoping to commission a map from one of you for a map I can bring to our sessions of their house keep and town.

I am looking to spend around $100 on the map, I am willing to go higher but this is strictly for personal use so I can't spend too much.

It will be a map for what is considered a small castle with a hamlet around it. I will be relying on the experience of the mapmaker to help decide things like scale, number of buildings for the population, etc. I will provide a rough sketch and description of the area. Someone who is familiar with Westeros may be preferred.

Here are a couple maps from these forums that I liked for the style, though please let me know if these types of maps will cost more. I got these images from this forum, but forgot to get the names of the mapmakers of them. Sorry!

Name:	1Branwynn 01réduit.PNG 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	116337

Name:	1a209d1cb4177fccc69e889a80f9fa69f5.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	457.0 KB 
ID:	116338

Name:	1KopfarrVillage_300_04.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	116339

Like I said this is just for our gaming group, so I don't need copyright and will not be selling the map or anything. I would prefer a digital map, because as the players upgrade their house, they may add more lands and such, so possibility for future work here. As far as size, as big as the price allows.

I would like the map in about 3 weeks.

Please feel free to email me here : kraigprzybylski (at) gmail (dot) com

I can answer any other question there or post here and I should get an email.

Look forward to hearing from some of you, I love the work on this forum and can't wait to see what I end up with!
    Huh, this might be something for you: Village and Keep of Briar Hill.

Thank you to everyone who showed interest but I have found an artist to work with on this map. This thread can be closed. And thanks again!