Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mereden WIP

Wip Mereden WIP

This one was a bit tricky to make. I wanted to test my skills at making a map with multiple regions that have different climate types.
    What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mereden.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	8.01 MB 
ID:	116438  

I think maybe a little more variety of colors used would help since at the moment it seems like the area is just all the same color. The contrast between them is a bit extreme.

I see, I did feel that for the "Infinity Forest" area. Perhaps the transition should be smoother. Thanks!

After being off for a while to rest, I managed to update my map a bit. What do you guys think?

I played a lot with the colors and I also wanted to put each element at the right spot. I also wanted to make a bigger map with as many elements as I could, that's why. Normally, I like minimalism, but I think I was able to put many elements without making it seem bad.

I hope you like it!

Views:	61 
Size:	8.06 MB 
ID:	116750  

It's not bad for a first shot at multi colored regions. I'd like to see the mountains with dot shading replaced with pencil mountains for consistency, since the rest of the elements are pencil styled. The forest revision is good. Maybe a bit of spot color for the landmarks?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thanks! I'll fix the mountains then! Also, I'll try to add some fade coloring to some of the most important landmarks, I think that would also be good for storytelling.

I fixed the mountains, put some coloring to some of the most important landmarks and I also erased some of the trees up north, since I wanted to give that "snowy" feeling there, so I needed to have less trees.
    I think it's better than before, but do tell me your opinion!

Views:	25 
ID:	116752  

Interesting. Maybe a more outlined coastline?

I think I got it right. I think the coastline is more in order, instead of too loose (if that makes sense).

Views:	43 
ID:	116806  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast