Thread: My first completed regional map

Default My first completed regional map

Hello! My name is Tomi and I started making maps about a month ago. I love it! This is my first completed regional map - I posted in on my intro post over in that forum, but Beee suggested I post it here as well, so here I am! I'm not sure what to call this map - I think figuring out place names was the biggest struggle for me in making this! In the end I just used simple descriptors, but in Danish so it's at least a *little* different. Any suggestions? How do you recommend figuring out names?

I've been enjoying learning so much from what everyone posts here, so thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 85.PNG 
Views:	99 
Size:	7.71 MB 
ID:	116485

Dig the clouds in-between the mountains, and like that you used a chalky brush, it gives it a comfy feel. One trick I am sure you've seen is using paper textures to make the harshness of pure white a bit easier on the eyes and give it an even more comfy feel.

For only being at it a month this is great

Thank you! That is a great suggestion - I'll try it next time!

Quote Originally Posted by GodofMoxie View Post
    Dig the clouds in-between the mountains, and like that you used a chalky brush, it gives it a comfy feel. One trick I am sure you've seen is using paper textures to make the harshness of pure white a bit easier on the eyes and give it an even more comfy feel.

For only being at it a month this is great

Hmm. The River Police might come for you. Rivers rarely split in two like that southern example of yours. The exception being large estuaries, which may be what you were going for there, so maybe you're safe. If so, I'd recommend putting a few more branches in, like at the mouth of the Nile.

Oh, I think the River Police will let it slide in this case.