Thread: Hi, map people

Post Hi, map people

Hey, I'm new here. My name is Augustinas and I'm a professional illustrator. I do all sorts of things in my work, but in the past couple years I have been working a lot of cartography related illustrations, which I enjoy a lot. I came here hoping to get some inspiration and judging from some of the work I have seen here already, that will not be a problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map od sophia_bak.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	116507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eternum_map_by_augustinasraginskis_dbldub1-fullview.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	116508  

Blog Entries

Gosh - two posts, three great maps. I think your work will generate a lot of attention. Welcome to the guild.

Question

Thanks, I hope so.

I have many maps to show off, I just didn't want to spam everyone with a ton of images. Speaking of which, I tried to create an album, but the space limit was rather low and I was able to include only 9 maps. If I create a second album, would I be able to upload a few more images, or does that space limit apply to all my albums as a whole?

Blog Entries

When you have made two more posts and waited about half an hour for the script to catch up with noticing it then you will get promoted from Guild Applicant to Guild Member and then you can create an Album with lots of space in it.

I have just added to your reputation so you will note your little green dot there now says that you have about 10 points. You will have other people "rep" you too and then you will get that green bar higher. Its just generic kudos points and it doesnt affect anything. But its a token way of saying that we collectively like your work. You will also see little icons under peoples post count. I have a couple of them like awards for tutorials etc. Some people here have lots of silver and gold compasses. Those and the other types of awards are handed out for various accomplishments here and when you see people with lots of those then they have usually done great work or have been around for a long time. You get get gold and silver compasses by winning the monthly challenges. If you want to collect the maximum set then enter the lite challenges first and get three wins for three silver compasses and then move on to the main challenges to get the gold. Once you have a single gold you cant enter the lite challenge any more because your obviously too good by that point. So three silver and many gold is the top ranks ! The most highly prized of all are the annual awards for best map of the year. Tutorials, 10 year anniversary, exceptional achievement and the odd other ones are handed out as and when by community leader committee or by using the post rating facility.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 07-10-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Welcome to the Guild, Augustinas I've seen your work over at DeviantArt, and wondered for a while if you were a member here or not. Glad you've joined up, and very nice work on those maps (and the others in your album). I especially like Eternum and Lower Aurelia

Wingshaw
    Last edited by Wingshaw; 07-10-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Welcome to the Guild, Augustinas I've seen your work over at DeviantArt, and wondered for a while if you were a member here or not. Glad you've joined up, and very nice work on those maps (and the others in your album). I especially like Eternum and Lower Aurelia

Wingshaw

Thanks, I'm glad you saw and liked my work.

I actually didn't know this place existed until yesterday when someone mentioned it offhand, haha. I should have joined a while ago, since a substantial part of my work now has to do with cartography, but it somehow managed to miss me. I guess I have too many social media accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post

Wingshaw
    Exactly same thoughts. I have seen your work on Deviantart. All your maps are outstanding.
    Welcome to the guild.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I've seen your work on dA as well, absolutely incredible stuff! You'll be a superb addition to our ranks, welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.