Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of Indines

Map Map of Indines

Hi. This is a map I recently finished for level99games.com

This needed to be quite colorful and it's still a bit difficult to juggle so many colors in one map without making it look like a mess, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out.

I'm new here by the way. Any critiques, opinions?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map of indines larger.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	116522
    Last edited by Augustinas; 07-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Hey Augustinas,

Welcome to the guild! I have seen stuff by you on dA and also in some products. A very unique and own flavor you've got there! I hope to see more maps from you in the near future.

As to the map depicted here: I wish we could see it in a better resolution, so that i could zoom in and look at the glorious details! As it stands, it is hard to see your art-sy symbols and adornments.

What i can definitely tell is that the sea doesn't work for me. It's too abstract, if that makes sense. It also feels quite flat. It doesn't say "sea" or "big water-surface" to me.
    I like that the map is pretty colorful, and the mountains are nice.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

It's a beautiful piece, as far as I can tell, but honestly the resolution is way too low to really appreciate the details.

I absolutely adore the sea patterns, the border and those cloud things, and the compass rose. It creates a nice scifi vibe, and I love it.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Hey Augustinas,

Welcome to the guild! I have seen stuff by you on dA and also in some products. A very unique and own flavor you've got there! I hope to see more maps from you in the near future.

As to the map depicted here: I wish we could see it in a better resolution, so that i could zoom in and look at the glorious details! As it stands, it is hard to see your art-sy symbols and adornments.

What i can definitely tell is that the sea doesn't work for me. It's too abstract, if that makes sense. It also feels quite flat. It doesn't say "sea" or "big water-surface" to me.
    I like that the map is pretty colorful, and the mountains are nice.
    Thanks, glad to hear you liked some of my work.
    You might be right, the sea probably isn't as good as it could be. At the time this was the best solution I could figure out to go with the rest of the map, but there is space for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    It's a beautiful piece, as far as I can tell, but honestly the resolution is way too low to really appreciate the details.

I absolutely adore the sea patterns, the border and those cloud things, and the compass rose. It creates a nice scifi vibe, and I love it.
    Glad you like it. I tried to upload a better resolution, but I'm still figuring out this site. I edited the post with a bit higher resolution now.

Hey, incredible map. I love the colours, very vibrant and stylised. Really nice. The stylisation of the terrain and clouds and everything is fantastic.

The sea does look a little empty in comparison to the rest and how stylised it all is. That said, too much detail on the sea might actually muddy it up and take away focus from the mainland which is the main focal point so take it with a grain of salt.

Great work all the same.
    Last edited by Clarketography; 07-11-2019 at 04:08 AM.

I really love your unique style and vibrant colors : that's something we don't see often and works really well on those illustrative maps.
    I missed to welcome you yesterday, but here I am : welcome aboard ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I really love your unique style and vibrant colors : that's something we don't see often and works really well on those illustrative maps.
    I missed to welcome you yesterday, but here I am : welcome aboard ! ^^
    Thanks, glad you liked it.

I've seen some of your maps on deviant art and such and I'm always impressed with the quality. Really cool work.

Those clouds make it look like the landmasses are some kind of flying/floating islands in the sky.

The resolution may be too low to see all the details, but as a map overall it looks wonderful. The only thing about the oceans that I would change is the horizontal lines, but I really don't think it's too empty - it makes your land pop even more. It's a wonderfully stylized piece, and I can't think of anything I've seen on CG that looks quite similar. Awesome job!

Splendid and original! Impressive work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast