Thread: June/July 2019 Lite Challenge Entry: Valley of the Dragons

Map June/July 2019 Lite Challenge Entry: Valley of the Dragons

I asked my 10-year-old Eliza what kind of map I should draw for this, and without drawing a breath she said "The Valley of the Dragons!" A lot of these details come from her imagination, and it was so fun to work on this together. The basic idea is that this is a region inhabited by many different species of dragons and dragonfolk (like kobolds and the dragonborns who live in the city on the southeast).

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valley_Of_The_Dragons 5.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	7.19 MB 
ID:	116517

This is my first time entering a challenge, so if there's anything I haven't formatted correctly, please let me know. Thank you!

Very nicely done, I really like all the little illustrations! So cool that you got to work with your daughter on this!
    Thanks for joining the challenge.

Thanks so much!

This reminds me of the Rain Wild Chronicles Series by Robin Hobb, and the Pern Series by Anne McCaffrey.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    What a cute map ! I just adore it ^_^

I bet those series will be right up my daughter's alley in a few years. The details she made up for this one are part of a story she's writing about 5 baby dragons of different kinds that band together to save the world!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    This reminds me of the Rain Wild Chronicles Series by Robin Hobb, and the Pern Series by Anne McCaffrey.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

This is a very nice piece! I love that you do not use a font, I wish I had this talent!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie