Thread: World map

Post World map

This is a map I’ve been working on for about four days and I’m soon going to ink it and I was wandering what you all thought of it. Any tips, criticism, or opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    -Theseus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	116524  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks good so far! I really like the shapes of the landmasses, and the placement of your mountains look great too.

The only thing I would say is that some of your rivers are doing strange things in certain areas. Generally water outlets to the sea/ocean even if flowing into a lake first before doing so, and a couple lakes are the end point for a couple of them; one on the middle landmass, and the other on the right. My other concern is on the Norshire River on the left landmass. Rivers almost never split the way that that river does, with one portion exiting to the ocean, and another continuing to flow on north out of viewable range. It would seem much more viable if the river was flowing south and met the river flowing out of the lake, to head out to sea, as rivers almost always flow into each other while heading down to lower ground.

I hope this helps, otherwise this looks great, I can't wait to see it inked!

Cheers!

IR

thanks! Also for the norshire river it comes from the sea and joins another river then a lake is this unrealistic or not. I had intended to make it as realistic as possible but rivers are hard!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default inking part 1

I started by inking the coastlines and lakes, then switched to a smaller pen and inked the mountains sheilds, and cities. later I plan to ink trees, rivers, and text with a smaller pen.

Views:	35 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	116525  

Rivers run from high to low, not the other way around, in other terms.

Final Map!

Views:	53 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	116550