Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City of Lancost (personal project)

Default City of Lancost (personal project)

Last month i was making this little isometric illustration. Took me a lot of time to actually finish it, because i was experimenting with various styles.
    There is still some things i would like to make differently, but hopefully I can improve with next one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City_of_Lancost_CG.jpg 
Views:	3392 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	116561
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

It looks great, Voolf! I think your solution to my comment on the WIP thread makes quite a difference.

Out of interest, I've been wondering lately how you manage to get your lines so fine and precise? Mine always seem very thick and wonky. I assume it has something to do with brush size and image resolution, but I'm not sure...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    It looks great, Voolf! I think your solution to my comment on the WIP thread makes quite a difference.

Out of interest, I've been wondering lately how you manage to get your lines so fine and precise? Mine always seem very thick and wonky. I assume it has something to do with brush size and image resolution, but I'm not sure...

Wingshaw
    Thank you.

I use a quick Line tool in Krita to make straight lines. I like it very much. I have my brush tool all the time and when i hold shift the tool changes to line temporarily, so its super easy and fast to switch between them. What's also great about Line tool in Krita, is that it will pick up how hard i push with my pen on tablet all the way from start to end. That means I got controll of thinkness of the line on its entire lenght making it thick at some part and almost invisible at the other.

I also use very small brush to begin with for linework. I usually don't go over 5px and mosly its 3px basic round hard brush with pen sensivity on.
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Looks amazing. I love it. Really nice, quaint little area. Great style and beautiful rendering. Perspective is pretty solid and overall I just love the whole feel of the place. Can imagine just walking into it, inhabiting the place, be it in real life or something such as a game. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I use a quick Line tool in Krita to make straight lines. I like it very much. I have my brush tool all the time and when i hold shift the tool changes to line temporarily, so its super easy and fast to switch between them. What's also great about Line tool in Krita, is that it will pick up how hard i push with my pen on tablet all the way from start to end. That means I got controll of thinkness of the line on its entire lenght making it thick at some part and almost invisible at the other.

I also use very small brush to begin with for linework. I usually don't go over 5px and mosly its 3px basic round hard brush with pen sensivity on.
    I really have to give Krita a try one of these days! My lines are super wonky even when they aren't meant to be straight, I could use all the help I can get

Awesome map, man. The buildings are great, and I love how the forest fades into the background there.
    Calling it the Oldtown District seems to imply there is more to this city - off you go, map it! We want more!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you.

That sounds like a really useful tool - I really should revisit Krita again.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thank you.

Thanks, that's really useful. I might look into using Krita myself...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Clarketography View Post
    Looks amazing. I love it. Really nice, quaint little area. Great style and beautiful rendering. Perspective is pretty solid and overall I just love the whole feel of the place. Can imagine just walking into it, inhabiting the place, be it in real life or something such as a game. Great work!
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I really have to give Krita a try one of these days! My lines are super wonky even when they aren't meant to be straight, I could use all the help I can get

Awesome map, man. The buildings are great, and I love how the forest fades into the background there.
    Calling it the Oldtown District seems to imply there is more to this city - off you go, map it! We want more!
    Mine are wonky too, that is why i use the Line tool most of the times when dealing with buildings. When i get a display tablet one day, i hope to do it by hand. I will have more controll over the lines then on traditional tablet.
    Oh there is more, but i feel fulfield enough with just that one for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    That sounds like a really useful tool - I really should revisit Krita again.
    It is. You should give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Thanks, that's really useful. I might look into using Krita myself...

Wingshaw
    You are welcome.
    New Horizons

Support:

Mine are wonky too, that is why i use the Line tool most of the times when dealing with buildings. When i get a display tablet one day, i hope to do it by hand. I will have more controll over the lines then on traditional tablet.
    Oh there is more, but i feel fulfield enough with just that one for the time being
    ... I use a Cintiq for the 3rd year now and I still can't do neat lines to save my life...
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

So precise, so neat ! The illustration looks wonderful !
    As the other says : the perfection of this drawing is in its precision ! Congratulations for the application and the patience it took !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast