Thread: Roman Republic ca. 105 BC

Default Roman Republic ca. 105 BC

Hi everyone! I have been very quiet on here. The last couple of weeks I have been swarmed with work, and life with two kids is pretty heavy. Still, I have not forgotten about the guild!

I have already shared this map in my social media pages, so some of you might have seen it already, but this map shows the Roman Republic ca. 105BC. The map was made for author Vincent B. Davis II who is working on a series taking place in the first centuries before and after Christ.

It was a really fun project to work on. The client specifically asked for this style and I wasn't really sure how it was going to work. In the end, I think it turned out really well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roman-Republic-Final-min.jpg 
Views:	1327 
Size:	830.6 KB 
ID:	116589

As always, let me know what you think!

It's fun to see your style applied to a real world historical map. I always enjoy how crisp and vibrant your maps are, and this one is no exception. Excellent as always.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Gotta second Arsh there. Like you, I probably would have been skeptical about this style for a project like this, but I agree with you - it turned out well! I really like your mountains and forest, as usual, and that subtle line pattern on the ocean is a nice touch.

Good to see you around again, I've wondered where you've disappeared to!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This style of yours really grows on me. Not that I didn't like it in the beginning or anything like that, but I really like it better and better...but that's also because you refine it with every map you use it for. I love your colors and the different elements really come together nicely. You even manage to pull of this forest style very well.

I'll Rep. you if i can.

P.S.: I'm sorry to drop this in here, but did you get the PM I sent you? It was several weeks ago and I am not sure if you got it or if your inbox is full.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Wow! Amazing job!

A lovely and interesting map. Definitely not easy to make something that readable with this style, but you're a master of it

Allow me to add my praises for this map. I find this style a little bit cartoonish (which, I assure you, is a good thing - I like it a lot), and it's impressive you've managed to fit so much information here without losing clarity. This does make the Italian peninsula look extremely busy, while Russia is an empty green plain - but I guess that isn't too far from how it was back then...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Nice style, but the North Sea coast of the Netherlands and northern Germany used to look very different at that time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._the_landscape
    Last edited by Jerron; 08-12-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Love the style, it looks great

I love the map itself, only it initally comes across as weird because a bunch of those cities didn't exist in 105BC. Although you said it's also for a century after AD so it works there.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.