Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerstone Commission

Map Hammerstone Commission

Here is a piece I completed last fall for author J.A. Alexsoo for her forthcoming novel, Blood Branded. Hammerstone is a city caught between the worlds of Orcs and Humans. It is the only city of its kind in which the two races live side by side in relative harmony. However this intermixing of the races is strictly forbidden by the land's ruling Orc Clan, the Crimsons, and war is coming. In this uncertain time Frafnar, a young Orc of Hammerstone must find his way in the world, fighting to save that which he loves from the threat of annihilation.

The book is due out October 1st. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hammerstone Map Small..png 
Views:	257 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	116594  

Ooh, I love the idea of the border! Kind of brutal looking piece, I think you captured the atmosphere of the source material rather well!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This is excellent! Congrats on the commission.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow ! I love the style, I love the lineart, I love the city, I love the border, I love the choice of colors, I love the waterfall, I love the forrests...
    What a wonferful map, here !!!
    Thanks for sharing !

Outstanding job Tad. I love everything about it. The border is very original and cool looking. Straight into my inspirational folder
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

That border.... What everyone has already said, but I especially like the skull compass. Great work on this.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Gorgeous work Arsheesh
    I gotta spread rep, but I'll be back for this.
    [hmm, apparently I just repped Hag Tree. I got my work cut out for me.]

Aww, great !! I just saw a part of it on IG and told to myself I couldn't wait to see the full version... For once, I'm glad to be late on checking the last threads on the Guild !
    Amazing work is the least I can say for this new map !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Ooh, I love the idea of the border! Kind of brutal looking piece, I think you captured the atmosphere of the source material rather well!
    Thank you, I've always struggled with borders so in this piece I spent a lot more time up front thinking about and planning how best to connect the border to the themes of the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    This is excellent! Congrats on the commission.
    Thank you very much Bogie.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Wow ! I love the style, I love the lineart, I love the city, I love the border, I love the choice of colors, I love the waterfall, I love the forrests...
    What a wonferful map, here !!!
    Thanks for sharing !
    Thank you very much JO, I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Outstanding job Tad. I love everything about it. The border is very original and cool looking. Straight into my inspirational folder
    Thanks very much my friend. Most of your work has a place within my inspiration folder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    That border.... What everyone has already said, but I especially like the skull compass. Great work on this.
    Thank you very much. I did you a few reference images of human and orc skulls to help me get the anatomy right, and that really was a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Gorgeous work Arsheesh
    I gotta spread rep, but I'll be back for this.
    [hmm, apparently I just repped Hag Tree. I got my work cut out for me.]
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Aww, great !! I just saw a part of it on IG and told to myself I couldn't wait to see the full version... For once, I'm glad to be late on checking the last threads on the Guild !
    Amazing work is the least I can say for this new map !
    Thank you MistyBee, very kind of you to say.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Super slick and you can tell they have been enjoying some peaceful times because the lookout towers have forest right up against them. They have a pile of lumber in the field just outside begging to be crafted into siege equipment .

Love the escape route to the river, it's filled with good stuff and that is a great border.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast