Thread: Old Newbie

Default Old Newbie

Hi:

I've been asked to introduce myself: My name is Mike Oliver (aged 80-and-a-quarter) and I've been using Campaign Cartographer for almost as long as it's been in existence. However, I resisted joining the forum when the old list was discontinued but have eventually given way so that I can ask for and provide help when needed. My main interest has been in producing maps for military history books (some published under my name, some by other military historians). I have also produced fantasy maps but am not currently an active fantasy role player. I dabble in science fiction RPGs for my grandsons (4 of them) and use Cosmographer plus various NBOS software packages for that purpose. I've returned to mapping after a lay-off of a few years to help an old wargaming buddy produce a campaign map for a project he has started. If my hard-gained experience with CC can be of any use to others, I'll try to respond when I see a request pop up that seems appropriate.

Cheers,
    Mike

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the CG! This is a very welcoming and nice place here and I am sure you'll feel at home at the CG in no time!
    Now that's what i call experience! I hope you'll show us some maps you made over the years in the different versions of CC that we've seen.

Enjoy your stay!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Welcome to the Forums.

Guild Apprentice
    Scunny, North Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Welcome Mike!

I'm currently just starting to learn CC so expect me to be picking your brains from time to time!