Thread: July 2019 Challenge: The Three Beacons of the West

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been trying to get more work done it, but mid-terms have been kicking my butt. I'm gonna put some more work into it tonight and tomorrow, and for as much time as I still have to do it. But, for now I suppose this could very well be my final draft. Regardless though, I'll finish it later.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThreeSisters3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	116793

@Tiana Thank you, I always try to put cliffs into maps, as it helps add more depth, I think.
    @Mimine I hope I can finish it too but things have a way of stopping me. Now that I've gotten more into drawing again, I should have it done with time to spare *after* the challenge

Also, for anyone curious the border (not the corners) is made following the Coast Salish art-style, which is one of the three cultures that the beacons/sisters were based on. The other two cultures are Aztec/Mayan and Missippian. The influences are primarily Mayan, as it's the easiest to find references to, but the Missippians favored concentric circles and spirals, which can be seen on the corners. The influences will hopefully come into play more a little bit later, in the symbols, icons, font, and patterns that I'll be using.
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 07-30-2019 at 07:12 PM.