Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come!

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Would assume the typical rules apply regarding supplied shapes....

Reorientation is okay?
    Subtle changes so long as shape remains clearly recognizable?

Not saying that I am in just yet, but if I can catch a break at work, I might give it a go.
    You are correct GW.

Easy to save them as jpg for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shape13 copy copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	116630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shape12 copy copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	116631

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    My biggest regret is that I didn't participate in Lite Challenges before regular challenges, as the prompts always look so fun.
    eViLe_eAgLe, as MB said, you are welcome to have fun with us and post your entry, it just won't be in the mix for the voting.

Another Rules Clarification.

Anyone who has won a Gold Compass is not eligible to compete in the Lite Challenge. However, it has been stated in the past that if a member has already entered in the Lite challenge and has been posting their map WIPs, and then subsequently wins the Gold Compass they remain eligible to finish this challenge. GodofMoxie just won the Gold last week, but his entry in this challenge is still good.

Gotcha, Bogie. Was wondering that. Also wondering when the last day on this one is. It's difficult this time around to get this map done because of the heatwave, but I'll try my best to finish by the 10th.

Fear not my friend, The contest does not end until late night on the 14th. I usually start the voting between Midnight & 1 am US Eastern Time (Daylight Savings Time) ( so technically, very early am on the 15th)

Oh, thank goodness! It finally cools off Supposedly on Saturday. So I'll have the whole weekend and then some to catch up, with little bits and pieces tomorrow (which is today, Thursday) and Friday.

Don't stress Chris, we do these challenges for 3 reasons, #1 to have fun, #2 the push ourselves to get better, and a distant #3 is to win ( yes it is nice to win, but don't lose sleep over it.) People vote on the maps they like for their own reasons, it is not always logical. I have had maps that I thought were great and I got no votes and maps that I could have done better get a lot of votes. No worries, just roll with it.

OK, 24 hour Warning (more or less) I will start the voting in a little less than 24 hours, probably between midnight and 1 am Eastern US time. It depends on whether I fall asleep watching TV or not.

It's a good stress (if this this thing exists). It's the one you feel just before running on the stage for your first gig.

Wish I had a few more hours time. Between mother nature trying to kill me with her heatwave, along with krita and my PC gangbanging me by somehow deleting hours of saved work... I might be able to finish. But right now, I got to eat. It's 6:50 pm here, so hopefully I can pull it off in two hours lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast