Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come!

Default July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come!

July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come!

This month's Challenge is to create a map using one or both of the 2 shapes I have provided. You can make anything you want, a continent, a lake, an ocean, an island,, surprise me!

Win a silver compass, everyone needs one!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of August, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be you!

As usual, title your threads: "July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The Challenge will run from July 19th until end of day August 14th

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.
    Come on now, you know you can't resist!! Try it you'll like it, first one's free!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shape12 copy.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	116620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shape13 copy.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	116621
    Last edited by Bogie; 07-19-2019 at 01:11 AM.

OOOOooo. This should be fun! Can't wait to get started planning tomorrow morning!

My biggest regret is that I didn't participate in Lite Challenges before regular challenges, as the prompts always look so fun.

This looks fun ! I think this will be the first one I take part in !

It will be interesting to see how everyone's individual takes on those shapes

Awesome, already had an idea that this shape will work great with.

Don't know if it is happening for anyone else, but when I open these images the come up as blank (black) images. Maybe a .jpg version in addition to the .PNG versions?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Oh yes ... this DOES look like fun. Can't wait to get started!
    Good call, Bogie! You da man!

ey eViLe_eAgLe, I could be mistaken, but I believe gold compass winners have taken part in the past. Their maps aren't included in the voting, of course, but you can still join in, just for the fun of it.
    I mean, I would probably seek out Bogie to give you the final thumbs up or down, but if it's just for fun, I can't see why it would be an issue.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Greason Wolfe, since these are PNG images, they don't have backgrounds, so yes when you open them they may seem to be blank. Try downloading them and uploading them in PS, you'll find that it's just the shape! Hope this helps!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

It does and doesn't help. Will have to take a look at them when I get home and xfer them from phone to computer. Don't use PS and never had a problem on the computer, but don't recall ever having a problem in chrome on the phone either. Probably just cause the shapes are black. Not really a huge problem, just a thought in case anyone else was having a problem seeing them.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Would assume the typical rules apply regarding supplied shapes....

Reorientation is okay?
    Subtle changes so long as shape remains clearly recognizable?

Not saying that I am in just yet, but if I can catch a break at work, I might give it a go.
    GW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast