Thread: Commissioning City Map For Superhero RPG Community

Post Commissioning City Map For Superhero RPG Community

I'm part of the administration team of an online community that runs one-shot superhero RPG sessions in a shared setting. We're nearing our second year anniversary as an active server, and I'm looking to commission a more skilled take on the current city map we use to represent the game setting. When we first started out we settled with just representing the city with the product of a random fractal map generator, but as time's gone on and players have continued to expand on the setting, that original fractal has started to feel like a less-than-stellar representation of the world we've been playing in.

Recently, I've made an effort to gather up our players' collective worldbuilding efforts and draw over the original map in an effort to update it. I don't have much experience in cartography or city mapping, so the finished product is messy, to say the least (original fractal on the left, my mock-up of an updated map on the right):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsULRfg.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	116695Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuzdNYy.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	631.2 KB 
ID:	116694

Style

I'm looking for a map in a similar style to the Freedom City map used in Mutants and Masterminds products: https://i.imgur.com/cIGKYRN.gif

Specifically, I'm looking to commission someone with the patience to help translate my chicken-scratch into something half resembling a city grid layout, with major boroughs and geographical features marked out with a similar "key" for highways, roads and streets as the example above, and space for a "points of interest" list. My hope for the end result is something that looks like it could have come from an in-setting travel brochure.

Size & Quality
    The finished product will primarily be for use on the community's wiki, but I'd like to be able to print the map at 18x24 for personal use as well.

Payment
    Payment will be done through paypal, preferably. Quality work takes time and effort - I do art commissions (though mercifully, not for maps), so I know that well. Give me a quote of what you think this whole thing will run, and we'll work it out from there.

Copyright
    I would like reproduction rights to the map so that members of the community can update and add points of interest to it as they please. I have no intentions on monetizing the map, since its primary function will be use for a collaborative living-world style setting.

Time Constraints
    I'd like to be able to get the map up before the server's second anniversary on September 29th, 2019, but there's no pressing time constraints beyond that.

Contact Details
    I can be reached at flack[dot]w[at] gmail[dot]com, or at MMachine#7999 on Discord.

Let me know if there's anything else you need, and feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your time!

Thank you all for your help! I've gotten a good offer, and found my cartographer for this project.