Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City of Edriast

Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    Very nice map @MistyBeee. It's Mind blowing... how do you even. I'm convinced it's magic.
    Oh, thanks so much for the kind words !

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman01086 View Post
    Amazing map! Love the style
    Glad you do, Sandman ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Your buildings and castles have a very distinct flair. A more "simple" map (it's never easy to do a city map, anyway), but still a very good one, no doubt.
    Thanks Ilanthar ! The purpose was mostly to find a way to save time and be able to propose more affordable quotes for fantasy cities, especially for novels. I'm glad if I managed to have something still pleasant for the eye

I have a map somewhere with the same idea for fitting a city into a small space forbidding details but it doesn't look half as good as this one. You are sooooo good

Love the castle MB

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I have a map somewhere with the same idea for fitting a city into a small space forbidding details but it doesn't look half as good as this one. You are sooooo good
    Haha, thanks so much ! That's always good to read at the beginning of a new hard week ^^
    By the way, it sounds I'll come back on Edriast soon for book 2 !

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Love the castle MB
    'love you love it, Bogie ! ^_^

Damn, it seems I completely forgot to comment on this when it was posted! But I'm sure you know how I feel about it, B... I think the simpified style works very well - it still carries the feel of a big city, but draws the eye to the areas of importance. Certainly a worthwhile style to keep in mind for people who don't quite have the time and the money for your more elaborate cities, as mindblowing as they can be.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Beautiful, as always. Especially the various map embellishments and that castle/keep at the center of the city. You've always been such an exceptional inspiration to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Damn, it seems I completely forgot to comment on this when it was posted! But I'm sure you know how I feel about it, B... I think the simpified style works very well - it still carries the feel of a big city, but draws the eye to the areas of importance. Certainly a worthwhile style to keep in mind for people who don't quite have the time and the money for your more elaborate cities, as mindblowing as they can be.
    Yes, I think it's a good compromise, and as a personal though... I must say it was also very fun to draw : just focus on the most interesting buildings. Even if I do love drawing billions of minuscule random houses, it was good to avoid them for once

Quote Originally Posted by UnstableGunEnthusiast View Post
    Beautiful, as always. Especially the various map embellishments and that castle/keep at the center of the city. You've always been such an exceptional inspiration to me.
    Thanks so much, UGE ! It was a very cool one to draw, so I'm glad people enjoy it ! ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12