Next batch of feedback from the edits we looked into . By the way, love the maps you've been making with Other World Mapper!!

These we'll be adding with the release coming out within a couple of weeks:
Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
Control-A to select all text when you're in the typing option. Useful to delete if you mess up some part.

preview font from the font selection window.

When I draw part of a road and hit esc because I didn't want to keep it, it resets the tool. (Mac version)
It's driving me a lil batty that I can't click off canvas, or centre it (it's left justified if I work small) which was causing some trouble creating this coast shape as it overlaps both edges. I would have liked to be able to click off canvas to snap to the outside, perhaps.
Too close to regression testing to change this, but we'll change it with the version after.

I have one area where I drew and merged a couple of shapes and deleted some nodes I don't like, but the program gave me an error insisting the shape needed more than 3 nodes, even though I had merged the two shapes and it should have had sufficient nodes to handle.
Investigating, sounds like its complaining about the "drag" nodes rather than the actual path shape.

If you stick with the current color window. When you have the color window open on windows, go to advanced color, not limited color options by default. This extra window with the gimped color took me by surprise, especially since I can't save my own color pallet to it. Color eyedropper should be activated by default to grab from the art.
We're currently working on the a custom color picker/editor, right now we just bring up the OS's default.

Stroke on outside of text, not just inside.
Right now the stroke does both, in and out. Do you mean having them as two separate options like we do say for the closed area tool? Thank you!

Screen/linear dodge/multiply/linear burn glow options for outside text.
So basically blend modes for the shadow/glow?

Button to switch to all caps/no caps/small caps.
We'll try to add this, maybe as a shortcut so it doesn't add to the UI.

A button that temporarily switches the select tool, to the move tool, and returns to the select tool once released.
Good point, there is space to switch to the pan tool so it makes sense to momentarily switch to the transform tool too. Thank you!

When rotating an item near the edge of the canvas, the item has to be moved to get to the rotation icon. It should automatically rejigger to make sure that button stays on the visible canvas.
Good point, we'll fix.

I can only sometimes get the "click to follow" option to actually stick, and with fractal regions it isn't nearly sticky enough. I would like a keyboard shortcut to hold down that would automatically make my political border snap to the nearest river/coastline instead of having to click on the exact right pixel. This is made tricky by the fact that the box which tells you what it's going to stick to (if it works) sometimes blocks the area I need to see if the fractalization matched up enough to make it snap.
The click to follow should be working pretty well, but a snap shortcut makes a lot of sense! We'll also look into the "hint box" getting in the way - thank you!