Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The continents of Alteria

Quote Originally Posted by Hardacre View Post
    Just brilliant. Especially love the black and white versions of the continents and in doing so fully maybe have fully recognised the warnings about the dangers of colour.
    Thanks Hardacre Yeah, the maps were meant as B&W and the sepia composition was just a little bonus, maybe it doesn't work as well as the individual maps. I'm glad my warnings have been heard

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Thomas this is a real gem. With all of the wonderful detail evident in this piece I imagine it must have taken you a considerable amount of time to complete. However the results speak for themselves. The weathering on the parchment is well done. I love how you've represented the flow of rivers through the forests. The differentiation of texture in the various terrain types is very well done as well. So much to like about this piece. One for my inspiration folder.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks for the praise Tad You know what ? The maps did not take that much time actually. Having the world map done with everything placed sped up the process to a point I could not imagine at first. It tells a lot about the amount of time we spend going back and forth with the clients and creating a world with them. I'm so glad you think the terrain are worthy of interest as it's the feature I really gave the most energy to. And reading I can inspire you makes me blush, thanks for that. Cheers !

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Interesting idea with the reduced color palette. Makes it unique!

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Interesting idea with the reduced color palette. Makes it unique!
    Thanks a lot Sebastian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12