Hi fellows ,

A few weeks ago, I posted this map. The client also asked for an A4 version of each of the five continents. I quickly saw an imbalance in the size of each continent and I convinced him to upgrade one continent to size A3 for better depiction.

A big advantage of this upgrade was that, with minimal size adjustment and no pixellisation, I could get him a huge world map in the process. As it was a shame not to slap a bit of color to that world map (and because I'm a bit of a narcissistic pr**k) so, I played a bit with colors.

- Disclaimer : kids, do not, under any circumstance, play with colors, it is dangerous behavior ... as it gives you more work because no one just "plays with color", you always have to redo some shading and adjust stuff. It might look cool but it's bad for your health. End of the disclaimer-

One thing leading to another, I played with the border too (I won't add a new disclaimer but you catch my drift).

More seriously, having drawn the world map was a bliss as each continent map was drawn pretty quickly (usually no more than 12 hours) and it gave me the opportunity to develop richer styles for biome depictions and have more textured maps which works wonders in black and white (but would require some minor adjustments for a full color map so, win, win). It also was pretty useful as I developed these maps and this one (and another one) together and they fed each other stylistically speaking.

Enough rambling, here comes the big 50 x 75 cm world map :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alteria color post.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	116800

And the five separate continents :

Name:	Itesh post.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	116801---Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dasea post.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	575.5 KB 
ID:	116802---Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amune post.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	738.7 KB 
ID:	116803

Name:	Telea post.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	713.4 KB 
ID:	116804---Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reusul post.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	663.3 KB 
ID:	116805

All the maps are © Thomas Rey - 2019 - All rights reserved

And of you fancy it, the big one is available here

I hope you enjoy those and, as always, any comment or critic (these especially as they make me grow as a mapmaker) are welcome !

Cheers !

Thomas