Thread: Hello from SW Ontario, Canada

Default Hello from SW Ontario, Canada

Hello Everyone,

Introducing myself, been lurking for awhile and enjoying the great material, figured it was finally time to register...

As many others here I would imagine, been making maps since I was a little kid, still have a quite a few of those hand-drawn "gems".

One of my many hobbies has been working on a low-fantasy world as part of a novel for the last 20 years (obviously more off than on), but have to say the world-building & gazetteer has always appealed to me more than the writing. So planning to build that out more and try to create some nice maps in the process.

Been using CC3+ and FT a little bit as well as mostly hand-drawn. Do find the UI in CC3+ a little difficult to use, (user error, most likely), so would like to recreate some of what I've done with GIMP. I'm a complete newbie with GIMP so will be checking out the tutorials definitely.

Thanks! gmot

Glad you decided to end your lurking days and step into the light proper!

I'm sadly Adobe's b*tch all the way, so I'm useless with CC3+/FT and GIMP, but there are plenty of other artists who use one or more of those, so I'm sure you'll find someone to give you some pointers should you need it. And like you said yourself, plenty of tutorials here as well to get you started! Be sure to post a WIP thread if you feel like it, that can often be a good way to get some folks to comment and aid you on your way.

In any case, glad to have you along! Welcome to the Guild! If you need anything, just holler.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

hello gmot! welcome! i'm a bit of a lurker myself too.

Thank you for the welcomes.

Welcome fellow Canadian.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!