Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hokkaido - Phlegra Region

Map New Hokkaido - Phlegra Region

After getting (endly!!!) a shaded relief technique that I like, I decided to start a redo of my Mars map for my Elzevir setting. I want to do some atlas maps with some data & infographics (je suis un fan du Dessous des Cartes/mit offenen karten).
    After some colonial conflicts (on Earth, Mars & Venus), the League of Nations was created. The LoN of Mars "fixed" the borders between colonies & territories and is exploring the rest.
    This is the first of the two japanese colonies on Mars.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mars v2 Phlegra.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	6.72 MB 
ID:	116813

Hope you'll like it!

Praise

Amazing map! The temperature charts are exquisite, the names sound believable. Utterly amazing. Can't wait to see more.

Yep, yep. Absolutely amazing, especially for the relief. A "wow" is needed here ! ^^

By Dan-zh
    Amazing map! The temperature charts are exquisite, the names sound believable. Utterly amazing. Can't wait to see more.
    Thanks a lot Dan !

By Sapiento
    Great map!
    Thank you very much, Sapiento !

By MistyBeee
    Yep, yep. Absolutely amazing, especially for the relief. A "wow" is needed here ! ^^
    A big thanks for the "wowing" ! I'm still learning/working on that shaded relief technique with the other parts.

Absolutely gorgeous. I really like this style. Everything is matched well, nothing stands out as odd. I love the icons you made here, brilliant.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

By Voolf
    Absolutely gorgeous. I really like this style. Everything is matched well, nothing stands out as odd. I love the icons you made here, brilliant.
    Thanks a lot, Rafal ! Some of the ressources icons are frome flat icons (slightly reworked sometimes), I did the rest inspired by some retro style ones.

By ChrisCB
    Wow... Voilà... Nothing else to say... Wow.
    Thanks a lot, Chris !

And for the french people at the guild, a french version :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mars v2 Phlegra vf.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	6.76 MB 
ID:	116854
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 08-03-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Whoa man, this is incredibly good. I really LOVE the way you did your edges of the land areas and it just looks so incredibly professional. Like, I wish all my old textbooks had had maps like this in them kind of professional.

Super great Ilanthar, seriously.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Looks awesome!
    Would you mind elaborating on that shaded relief technique that you like? How did you do it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast