Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hokkaido - Phlegra Region

By Jaxilon
    Whoa man, this is incredibly good. I really LOVE the way you did your edges of the land areas and it just looks so incredibly professional. Like, I wish all my old textbooks had had maps like this in them kind of professional.
    Super great Ilanthar, seriously.
    Thanks a lot, Jax ! Glad it looks pro.

By Jerron
    Looks awesome!
    Would you mind elaborating on that shaded relief technique that you like? How did you do it?
    Thanks, Jerron ! I'm using Krita, so, it's drawn. Compared to my first tests on Osininka (process here), I changed for a different brush and use 3 layers. One with details, one with global shading, one with additional "softer" topography (same brush, double size, less pressure). I must say that one of the "vegetation" color layer is acting as a unexpected shading.
    I'll post a process view in the WIP thread if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I'll post a process view in the WIP thread if you like.
    I'd appreciate that very much.

Wow that relief is killer Ilanthar! And the infographic is really well done as well. Your work is always so creative.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

By Arsheesh
    Wow that relief is killer Ilanthar! And the infographic is really well done as well. Your work is always so creative.
    Thanks a lot, Arsheesh! I've quite lost myself in infographics these days...

You produce such amazing and innovative maps ! What are the publishers doing ? They need to hire you on the spot !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12