Thread: Dwarven chapter house

Default Dwarven chapter house

So I recently received my copy of Guillaume Tavernier's book from the kickstarter thing and it inspired me to start another project. Also because I must really like not finishing things. I wanted to map a simpler dwarven settlement than the last project and at the beginning part of Tavernier's book he starts with a city but has a bunch of individually mapped buildings for it, so I decided I'm going to make a bunch of the individual buildings first and then arrange them into a city. And so I decided to start with a chapter house for the Order of the Deep Hunters (still working on the name). Basically like a knightly order of dwarves whose purpose it is to go down into the deep and take out the threatening dangerous creatures that may be encountered there.

It has ballooned into something much bigger than I originally thought ( I guess I should have started with the town forge, or one of the houses), because it requires a lot of components: Here's my list so far: Armoury, long-hall for eating and whatnot, associated kitchen, pantry, and ice room. Shooting range, library, cellars, food silos, hospital, stables, boat house, grand masters apartments, dungeon for keeping creatures or enemies that may need keeping. There are some service infrastructure as well that I really would like to put in, namely ventilation and sewers. And doubtless I may think of other things to put into the chapter house which for some reason I was considering a normal building and not what a chapter house generally is, a serious fortress.

Any way since misery is always best shared :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deephunterchapterhouse.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	116818

This is the building I was inspired for for the rotunda:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tromaktiko-216.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	369.0 KB 
ID:	116819
    Does anyone have any idea what the building is or where it is? I'd really like some more shots of it.

That's the National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet in Odessa, Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazma View Post
    That's the National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet in Odessa, Ukraine.
    Thank you Krazma! That's a big help. Now I can fill my architecture reference folder up with tons of pictures of this beautiful building