Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge : The Barking Dog's Cave

And here I was waiting for a cute, goofy, wild dog to be added wandering somewhere on the map...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    Here is the story behind this map. To be honest, it cames while I was drawing it. The Barking Dog is old smuggler's nickname, always shouting on his fellow friends. He's the one that has sold the map to the adventurer who took notes on the map. "Do Not Enter Here" is supposed to discourage people from entering the cave (it's not working at all).

I agree I should not have used the straight font for the title and the "caution sign."
    I like this map Chris and the story that motivated you makes it interesting. I don’t think the different fonts should be changed at all, but using a different color for the ‘handwritten’ one would clearify your story behind it 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I like this map Chris and the story that motivated you makes it interesting. I don’t think the different fonts should be changed at all, but using a different color for the ‘handwritten’ one would clearify your story behind it ��
    This is a very very good idea.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	190802.The-Barking-Dog's-Cave-0.5.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	116875

The adventurer's notes are now in blue (with a bit of purple). It's more difficult to read (less contrast) but it feels more "realistic". Thank you Marc for your idea.

Great Dungeon cave map. I always feel like my cave maps don't look like a natural shape so I can now use this idea of using lakes as a natural shape for my caves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great Dungeon cave map.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie
    I always feel like my cave maps don't look like a natural shape so I can now use this idea of using lakes as a natural shape for my caves.
    Happy to have helped someone in having new ideas

Simple and attractive. I really like the stylized cave walls.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

There's no need for more to enjoy your style : really clean lines for a traditional work, and the digital additions doesn't break the authenticity feeling. Good job

I'm with Arsheesh on the cave walls. They're wonderful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12