Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Journey of the Sarune [intro]

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    hehe. thank you Beee
    It just occurred to me that I might be able to bring some of that globe action to someone's map soon.
    Lucky client !!

It goes without saying that this is fantastically drawn and rendered. I'm currently gushing at the idea and execution of it in this piece!

Lately I have become interested in the idea of telling stories through maps. I'm going to continue exploring this theme, and you can bet this map is going into my inspiration folder for this project

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

As I previously said, this is kind of a dream for me. It has everything I like in it, arranged in a wanderer's notebook, letting us having a glimpse of another world. Just perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    This is cool and the first I heard of this project you are doing so now I'm going to go click on those links above. Thanks for the awesomeness. Someday I hope to build stories myself but you are way ahead of me.
    Thanks Jax
    Life has taught me that we are all at the right point in our own journey. But...
    It doesn't hurt to have a map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Amazing work J! I love the feeling from the parchment and textures!
    Thanks Domino
    I'm slowly building up my own library of paper textures.
    It's slow as I don't have access to old paper.
    So I have to craft most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Lucky client !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    It goes without saying that this is fantastically drawn and rendered. I'm currently gushing at the idea and execution of it in this piece!

Lately I have become interested in the idea of telling stories through maps. I'm going to continue exploring this theme, and you can bet this map is going into my inspiration folder for this project

Wingshaw
    Thanks so much George
    There's a lot that can be done with maps for story.
    I might only be touching the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    As I previously said, this is kind of a dream for me. It has everything I like in it, arranged in a wanderer's notebook, letting us having a glimpse of another world. Just perfect!
    Thank you Ilanthar
    That seems appropriate, as I've been wandering my whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Yay, finally done with this piece.
    It was taking a long time.
    It started out as an experiment that became a patreon project.
    It grew into 2 pages, from just 1, then grew on into a bigger story.
    Now it's going to be visiting some destinations and exploring some locations along the way.

I posted the story over on my blog, www.doorsofdream.com
    The specific location - https://www.doorsofdream.com/2019/08...une-intro.html

It has started out as a sort of archaeology adventure, cus I loved Indiana Jones movies.
    It's going to delve into some ancient history,as well as some fun surprises.
    I already have a dungeon map started and there's plenty more to come.
    It will also relate back to some other cool things I have in the work, like my first globe.

Anyways, enjoy . Cheers, J
    Have a great week everyone.
    And a big thanks to my patrons.

Attachment 116877

Oh, I've done some other archaeological related maps before.
    I'm slowly working on a style, but it's slow to form... like history itself.
    Tualth Baerged was the first. Ahr-Nahl Nramaha was the second.
    And there is a strong possibility that these two locations might relate to our journey....
    Lovely map!

As I remarked on your Insta post of this piece, your Illustration work, which was always terrific, just keeps getting better and better. I particularly like the illustration of the ship, I think you did a wonderful job capturing the movement of the ship. Wonderful work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Lovely map!
    Thanks Stefano
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    As I remarked on your Insta post of this piece, your Illustration work, which was always terrific, just keeps getting better and better. I particularly like the illustration of the ship, I think you did a wonderful job capturing the movement of the ship. Wonderful work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh
    That was a learning curve, no doubt.

This whole work is gorgeous. Somehow my favorite part is the overhead view of the island - what a wonderfully constructed island it is! - but no part of it stands alone. The ship, the globe, and the elevation views are all terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    This whole work is gorgeous. Somehow my favorite part is the overhead view of the island - what a wonderfully constructed island it is! - but no part of it stands alone. The ship, the globe, and the elevation views are all terrific.
    Thanks jshoer
    I had a bit of a struggle with that island.
    I had another island I was working on at the time which I still need to finish.
    Sometimes it's easier to do a top down from a perspective view, but not this time.

This is cool. I'll have whatever you having, because it looks amazing! I love hand drawn mapping, has such charm. Can't wait to see more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast