Thread: The Village of Taskin

Map The Village of Taskin

Hello all! This is my first map post, and as I don't have anything in-progress to share at the moment I thought I would post my latest finished map instead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taskin.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	117173

This is The Village of Taskin, a town I often use to start my D&D campaigns. Taskin lies on Tulei Bay and is the eastern-most holding of The Astori Dominion. The people of Taskin are quite friendly. One of the first people you might meet is Maggie Dellen, the owner of the local inn. Also of note is Bast, a blacksmith.

I'm still relatively new to this cartography thing and I'm still nailing down my style and technique so I'd love to get some feedback!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

This is a good map.

I do feel I really want to see you go more bold with your shadows. That alongside good highlights gives even better relief to these kind of maps.

Well done so far. And welcome to the guild
    -Omri

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

looking good! i'd also recommend more shadows and perhaps a bit more grit as it looks pretty smooth atm.

Will have to echo others on the shadows, but other than that it's a very nice first map post! I think the coloring of your trees looks really good, but the building roofs could use a little more refining to get them look a bit more 3-dimensional. I'm personally a huge paper texture slut, so I'd also recommend slapping about 10 of them in here, but that might just be me You have a nice sketchy style that I think works with this kind of simple layout. You are definitely on the right track, keep at it!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! I'll definitely look into adding some more texture and deeper shadows.

An easy way to add more subtle texture to an image is to use a grungy texture and make it the top layer. Make the opacity between about 7% and 10%, and set it to Overlay.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Nice! I like that