Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** August 2019 Challenge: Fantasy Random Generator, The Next Generation ***

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    I wish I'd gotten a World/Plane result. These are so bare bones, comparatively.
    Challenge yourself by doing a map of a type you'd never otherwise do, or use one of these as a single element in a regional map?

I know yalll said we should roll after opening the link, but I was happy with the initial randomization from opening the link, and thus stuck with it, since #8, Erest, is a name I like and more or less suits what I have in mind for Nanowrimo. So I'm going to informally, tentatively say that'll be the name of the setting for the novel I'll write in November. So I might do some art. We'll see.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	randomgeneratoraug2019.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	116922

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

May give this one a go

This is what I rolled up. Drawn to 2 and 8 most I think

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	43 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	116923

Some interesting choices coming from the generator. Can't wait to see you all get started.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Not a single town option on my list but hey - a library and a ruined fortress!

Name:	challengelist.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	116925
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Not a single town option on my list but hey - a library and a ruined fortress!

Name:	challengelist.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	116925
    Actually, #2 is a town location.

The focus is on the common room though, not the town. So it'd essentially be an inn floor plan and maybe some surrounding properties if you really wanted.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Like the others, I hope I'll find some time to draw something for this challenge. Here is what I've got.

1. Myala, an abyssal realm of jagged mountains and dark valleys, beneath a fiery sky. The realm is the domain of Asas, a deity of discord, and is populated by demons.
    2. Somewhere in the Nula Mountains. A weathered marker indicates the road to a legendary dwarven city.
    3. A narrow passage on the 2nd level of the Halls of Tenebrous Madness. A horde of savage goblins wanders aimlessly here.
    4. Nionande, a medieval realm of vast oceans and volcanic islands, beneath a starlit sky. The realm is primarily populated by dwarves, with smaller numbers of other races. The denizens of Nionande are at war with an empire of psionic dinosaurs.
    5. Somewhere on Scarp Passage in the dwarven town of Tumunzan, in a distant realm.
    6. Eliond, a fanciful world of icy mountains and misty valleys, beneath an azure sky. The world is primarily populated by dryads, with smaller numbers of other fey races.
    7. An abandoned vault on the 4th level of the Lair of Cesa.
    8. The common room at the Axe of Lightning inn, in a nearby village.
    9. A narrow tunnel on the 7th level of the Prison of Grues

Well, I really like the 2. And the 3 is not bad.

I probably won't have any time for this, though... (like just every challenge)

Name:	Capture du 2019-08-08 19:36:26.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	116929

My list!

1. The overgrown ruins of a stone castle amidst a forest of towering trees.
    2. Somewhere on Beggar's Close in a nearby village. The street is crowded with drunken brawlers and the town guard.
    3. The once-grand entrance to a long-abandoned dwarven city in the Barakib Highlands. The sky is filled with howling winds and flashes of lightning.
    4. Arild, a savage world of sapphire oceans and volcanic islands, illuminated by a golden sun. The world is mostly populated by Orcs, though with large numbers of other monstrous races.
    5. A large vault on the 13th level of the Delve of Merciless Necromancy. A swarm of wraiths lurks here.
    6. Adrithis, an ancient world of green hills, desolate deserts, and vast oceans. The world is primarily populated by humans, with smaller numbers of other races. The humans of Adrithis are at war with invading demons.
    7. Egronen, a primordial plane of ashen canyons and rivers of lightning, beneath a sky of perpetual storms. The plane is primarily populated by dragons. It is also the location of Karnimrith, a planar trading city filled with magical gates.
    8. Somewhere on Mastiff's Close in the city of Heabluff, in a nearby realm.
    9. Somewhere on Brick Parade in a nearby city. The street is filled with white alchemical smoke.
    10. A narrow corridor on the 2nd level of the Caverns of Abies. Several square holes are cut into the walls here.

I think I'm going to try for number 3, as I want to participate this month, but I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to put into this, and that one doesn't seem too intense.

Everyone's is very intriguing so far.

Cheers!

IR

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

This came through on my Tapatalk digest today and wow it looked like fun. I've never done one of these before; they started during my hiatus. So what the hay

Not sure if I'll have time to do what I'm thinking, but I'm leaning toward #10 here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AugustChallengeList.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	116930  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast