Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

My name is Marc,

I’m from the Netherlands and recently I have started drawing fantasy maps.
    I have decided to start my learning curve the old-fashioned way by working with pencils on paper.
    I am currently working on develloping my own style and greatly enjoy trying alot of ways to fill in my landmasses.

Greetings,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D626301E-FEE8-4DCF-BD13-83760301C669.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	116721

It's better to be drawing than to waste your time getting lose in program soup! I started by drawing pencil maps. I think a lot of people did. Good luck and welcome.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you for the welcome Tiana 🙂

Allthough I have worked with PS and GIMP in the past I am currently exploring my creativity the analogue way (in short: my pc got old and cranky and blew its last breath lol).

I have scrolled through alot of the tips and tuts on the forums (it’s overwhelming to see the decication and creativity of all the others ☺️) and was wondering if there are some quick pointers to links to usefull ‘analogue’ information?
    I am wondering what other people are using (sorts/sizes of paper, pencils, markers, paints etc.)

Hi Marc and welcome.

There's an old thread here that might be helpful (it's waaay old but I don't think pen/paper info goes out of date as quickly as software tutorials might). If you have a browse around, there are probably other threads too. I'd suggest browsing through Finished Maps and taking a look at the hand-drawn ones. Often, the artist posts what materials they used in the thread, and if they didn't, I'm sure they won't mind being asked. If you can't find what you need, start a thread (possibly General Discussion or How Do I? might be good places) and ask your questions there.

Hope you can find what you need.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"