Thread: Belnesse, a.k.a. Dream-map Expanded

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So this is how a bright Kell map looks like?! I like it!

On a more serious level, I really like what you have done with the mountains here. Also, the little city and town symbols are very much to my liking!

All the "history" and inspiration behind the map is also quite unique and cool. I mean dreams of the mapper as source for the map? How much more transcendental can you get?!??
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    So this is how a bright Kell map looks like?!
    Almost scary, isn't it?

All the "history" and inspiration behind the map is also quite unique and cool. I mean dreams of the mapper as source for the map? How much more transcendental can you get?!??
    Have to keep things interesting, do we not?

Seriously, though, above everything I've always found my subconsious to be an excellent idea scrambler. It often takes cool concepts from stories I've liked ("this magic school I dreamt of was clearly Unseen University inspired"), but always manages to combine them with other things, and add its own twist on them, creating new strange concept coctails. It does sometimes get a bit surreal, to be honest. It's definitely a product of your own brain, but at the same time it's something your conscious mind would never, ever have come up with, so it almost feels like it's come from somewhere... I don't even know where. Somewhere else altogether.

In any case, thanks for the nice comment!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.