Thread: The Woven World, a map for my D&D campaign

Guild Novice

Wip The Woven World, a map for my D&D campaign

So it's been a long time since I've posted anything here. I've been working on a world map for my D&D game lately, though to be honest the chance the group will ever travel to most of these places of is very low. Which is why the northeastern part of the left landmass has all the labels. For the longest time that was all the map there was.

I'm still working on rivers, textures, tweaking labels... and basically everything has something to touch up. I've just been staring at it for way too long and was hoping for a little feedback.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woven world full map wip v2_small.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	8.87 MB 
ID:	117089

(the file was too big so there's a bigger version on google drive)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rl0...ew?usp=sharing

The base map looks good. You have a faceted texture over some of your forests, is it to differentiate them from the other forests? You also have vegetation very far up north, where it might be too cold for it, though maybe that snow is seasonal. It's probably just working on the map for so long that makes you feel like you've lost perspective, but stylistically the map doesn't need much. Since this is for a D&D game that mainly takes place in one area, there's probably no need to add more labels everywhere, unless you plan to move the players into another area. If you want it to just feel more finished, you could add some trivial things like a compass, a border, etc.

Guild Novice

Thanks. I hadn't actually thought about a border, I think adding one might look nice.

The forest texture is honestly me just fooling around trying to figure out how I want to texture the forests and I don't love it. It's just how it is for the moment.