Thread: Hello From Argentina!

Wip Hello From Argentina!

Hello Again.

I did this post yesterday but somehow it didnt got published

Ok, so, im from argentina (yes, messi and maradona) i am an amateur map maker. I started like, 4 years ago but i had two kids so, impass.

Now im back on the road, i want to have feedback on my maps. Specially on how to get better ones.

Im pulling B&N for now because i dont know how to manage colours right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Livandin.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	116974

Thanks all of you in advance.

Cheers!

Welcome!

Is there an option for a smoother brush? It will generally be called 'anti-aliasing' but in some programs it's just the difference between the pencil (pixely) and brush tools. That would improve the black and white lines and their intersecting with the pencil brushes you used for the waves. You might also be able to soften the transition between the waves and the land lines by copying the land lines and blurring it.

Many people start into colors by only doing a parchment background and then transparent single colors over top like watercolor for some highlights, often for different country borders as you will see is done in traditional map making. I think it's a great simple way to move into doing color maps if you wanted to, since all you need is to select a nice texture.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

hello! welcome aboard! looking forward to seeing more of your maps~