Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: August 2019 Challenge: Tumunza

Default August 2019 Challenge: Tumunza

Hello,

here is what I've got :

1. Myala, an abyssal realm of jagged mountains and dark valleys, beneath a fiery sky. The realm is the domain of Asas, a deity of discord, and is populated by demons.
    2. Somewhere in the Nula Mountains. A weathered marker indicates the road to a legendary dwarven city.
    3. A narrow passage on the 2nd level of the Halls of Tenebrous Madness. A horde of savage goblins wanders aimlessly here.
    4. Nionande, a medieval realm of vast oceans and volcanic islands, beneath a starlit sky. The realm is primarily populated by dwarves, with smaller numbers of other races. The denizens of Nionande are at war with an empire of psionic dinosaurs.
    5. Somewhere on Scarp Passage in the dwarven town of Tumunzan, in a distant realm.
    6. Eliond, a fanciful world of icy mountains and misty valleys, beneath an azure sky. The world is primarily populated by dryads, with smaller numbers of other fey races.
    7. An abandoned vault on the 4th level of the Lair of Cesa.
    8. The common room at the Axe of Lightning inn, in a nearby village.
    9. A narrow tunnel on the 7th level of the Prison of Grues
    I've chosen the one in the middle and decide to draw the city of Tanunza. To access its unique gate, you have to take the monumental stairs that climb across the Scarp Passage.

Wip

And that's my first sketch done with the pen you see on the bottom on the image. The line are level lines.

###Lastest VIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tanunza.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	116980

Wip Tumunza !

It's Tumunza, not Tanunza !!! What an idiot ! Ah...

Here is another step. I've decided to draw a more dense city, and because of this decision, there will be only two "circles". I've moved the slums at the left and the Festival Plazza is closer from the center. To speak about the center, it should be a parfect square... but it's not... my fault.

So, blue sketch is still there and I've began to draw the final lines with my Rotrings (0.4 and 0.1mm).

###Latest WIP###

Name:	Tumunza.0.0.1a.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	117014

Wip

I've just finished the hand drawn part and scanned it.

Name:	190814.Tumunza.0.1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	117024

And here is the result after I've run my script to remove blue sketch and squares. The photoshop action also add the paper texture.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	190814.Tumunza.0.1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	572.3 KB 
ID:	117029

Next steps : add some colors and legends.

Edit : I've modified the Latest VIP tag (with the button) and uploaded a version at a better resolution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	190814.Tumunza.0.1.1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	117025  

Looking pretty darn good. When you are adding the colours and values, I'd suggest emphasizing the height changes if you can.

I edited the title for you.

This is looking great, though it'd be nicer to see a higher resolution.

EDIT: Your Latest WIP tag isn't quite correct and your map isn't showing on the thumbnails gallery. There's a button you can use to insert it. Take a look at the toolbar at the top of the comment box. There's a button second from the end on the right hand side that says WIP in yellow. Click that, and it'll insert the tag for you. The scraper will generally pick up the first image it finds, so right now it's showing the blue/white image, but that'll fix itself when you post your next update.
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-14-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

This is looking good, but I can't believe you passed on the opportunity to draw psionic dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius
    I'd suggest emphasizing the height changes if you can.
    I will... correction... I'll try

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea
    I edited the title for you.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CheckPea
    This is looking great, though it'd be nicer to see a higher resolution.
    I've reposted the last image at a better resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckPea
    There's a button you can use to insert it.
    Thank you for the tip, I didn't know that. I've edited the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer
    I can't believe you passed on the opportunity to draw psionic dinosaurs.
    I think this is better for the challenge. If I'd choose the dinosaurs, I would have won without any discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    I think this is better for the challenge. If I'd choose the dinosaurs, I would have won without any discussions.
    Wow, now that's real sportsmanship, having such advantage but still giving others a chance!

Whatever happens, you've already won the community's hearts as the most honorable, for sure.

After a couple of hours of work, the city map has now some colors. I'm quite satisfied with the river, but I don't know how to add relief to the terrain. It seems to be too flat. When I try to improve the relief colors by adding some lights and shadows, it's worst.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	190814.Tumunza.0.2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	552.1 KB 
ID:	117062

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast