Thread: WIP: Canberra, Australia (fantasy version)

Default WIP: Canberra, Australia (fantasy version)

Okay, let me say at the beginning: this is not a map I'll be finishing any time soon. I have a lot of other projects that I'm trying to prioritise (such as GuildCity), so I'm making this thread as a memo for myself, and a resource to get feedback as I go along...very very slowly.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, allow me to introduce a project I've wanted to start for a long time: a fantasy version of my hometown, Canberra. Now, a little background on Canberra: it's the capital of Australia (or, in my version, Imperator Australia), it's a planned city, and most Australians will tell you all kinds of bad things about it. I don't live in Canberra anymore, but whenever I meet an Australian nowadays I still hear the same thing ("The only good thing about Canberra is ..." or "Y'know, Canberra's a real s**thole").

So, this map is my humble attempt to improve Canberra's image around the world. It's also a really cool city layout, so that's a bonus This will be a very modified version of the city. First up, it's a medieval fantasy city. Secondly, I'm going to have to mess around with the scale a LOT to make it fit properly.

Well, that's enough rambling from me. Here are some WIPs

Wingshaw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fantasy Canberra 01.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	117018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fantasy Canberra 02.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	117019  

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer