Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC3+ Canyon City Centre - Profantasy Cartographer's Annual, Issue CA144A Example Map

Default CC3+ Canyon City Centre - Profantasy Cartographer's Annual, Issue CA144A Example Map

Calling all CC3ers...

I made this map in CC3+ over the space of a fortnight as an example map for one of the 13 issues of the 2018 Cartographer's Annual.

If you own the annual and would like to be able to examine the CC3+ file for this map you can download it from your account page. It is the third file listed under the 2018 Annual list of files.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA144A Canyon City.PNG 
Views:	219 
Size:	6.25 MB 
ID:	117020
    Copyright by Profantasy 2019

(The reason it is attached to this annual is because the domes featured in this map are part of the annual )

Great city design Mouse. I like the domes, but the vibrant colours somehow don't fit the overall map. But it's OK. Maybe it's like a disneyland in the middle of the city
    Last edited by Voolf; 08-14-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

LOL! Thanks Voolf

They're onion domes like those on St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow, and they are painted just as brightly

There's a very unique feeling here I really enjoy. Maybe it's about the numeros gardens, or the colorful 'onions', or the relief and general organisation... but it's really appealing to me ^^

I'll kind of have to second V on the subject of those colors... but then again, you know what kind of colors I tend to like...
    I do like how the city is laid out! The canyons surrounding it are an interesting idea.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    There's a very unique feeling here I really enjoy. Maybe it's about the numeros gardens, or the colorful 'onions', or the relief and general organisation... but it's really appealing to me ^^
    Thank you very much, Misty!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I'll kind of have to second V on the subject of those colors... but then again, you know what kind of colors I tend to like...
    I do like how the city is laid out! The canyons surrounding it are an interesting idea.
    Thank you, Kellerica

The layout was just something I've been meaning to do for a while now, so it was relatively well formed in my mind before I started on it.

I think where you prefer dark and mysterious I am almost the exact opposite. Two extremes of the colour universe

Having said that, though, the domes have varicolour versions as well as default colours, so users can 'tone' them down or up as they please.

Name:	Sample dark.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	117070
    Screen shot directly from CC3 - no aa applied.

Or light

Name:	Sample light.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	117071
    Screen shot directly from CC3 - no aa applied.

I love the bright domes. The High Palace "pops" so much that it immediately stands out in thumbnail. That's just what you want with a showy palace.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    I love the bright domes. The High Palace "pops" so much that it immediately stands out in thumbnail. That's just what you want with a showy palace.
    Thank you, rdanhenry

I could have done them duller, but somehow it made the map look too old and tired when I tried it.

Cool city map Mouse! You are getting quite good at these. The layout is quit nice.

EDIT: Eh, I'm out of rep for the day.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Looks like a cosy place. Very nice layout of a canyon city. Glad to see you back, Mouse .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast