View Poll Results: July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come VOTE for as many as you wish

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Islands of Naesathyra by Cédric H

20 57.14%
  • The Barking Dog's Cave by ChrisCB

16 45.71%
  • Spider Cavern by FantasyMaps

2 5.71%
  • The Last Retreat by Fantasymapshop

10 28.57%
  • The Lake of Aramalos by GodofMoxie

1 2.86%
  • Bleak Bones Bay by Marc

9 25.71%
  • An Alien World by OWM

1 2.86%
  • Lair of Blood Hummers by phoenix81

1 2.86%
  • Unknown Island by Pomb

12 34.29%
  • The Emerald Dream by rdanhenry

1 2.86%
  • Isle of the Sickle Mountains by RedKellBell

1 2.86%
  • Raneria & Pomola by Straf

7 20.00%
  • An Appropriate Site for Colonization by Tiana

2 5.71%
  • Alaria and the Lands of the Silted Sea by Wired

23 65.71%
  • Exploring new lands by XploringMap

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VOTING TIME: July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come

Question VOTING TIME: July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come

July/Aug '19 Lite Challenge: The Shape of Things to Come

This month's Challenge was to create a map using one or both of the 2 shapes I have provided.

We have 15 entries for you to vote on.
    Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.
    CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have an amazing selection of 15 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.
    Fantastic work everyone. There are some great maps here.

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass!

Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shape12 copy.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	117034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shape13 copy.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	117035
    Last edited by Bogie; 08-15-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Wow, amazing how mine and Wired's were very similar. I hadn't even checked the forums for two weeks and I had no idea what everyone elses were, as I wanted to be surprised, so seeing that was a shock. This was a fantastic group of maps! Awesome job everyone!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Seems we both kinda had the same general idea. Would have been interesting to see the two shapes in reverse, wouldn't it?

I've been away for a while, but on my return I find the general standard has increased, so I've committed the ultimate sin and voted for everyone because they are all good

Fantastic compositions. A really tough choice to make. Congratulations and well done to all who entered. Looks like it might be a close one.
    "It is not down in any map; true places never are."

Herman Melville - Moby Dick

@Wired I played with that idea a few times. Originally I was going to have them as two separate continents, make an old atlas style map. But I hadn't at that point wrangled with Krita enough to accomplish that. Maybe after I get more experience with it I'll try an atlas style. I bow to you though, your design is amazing!

I normally limit myself to 3 but this time I've had to break it because I couldn't decide between the Barking Dog's Cave and the Unknown Island. It was very difficult to get to that, although I did decide early on that Cedric's was a favourite. I'm surprised Wired hasn't gotten gold already but that one got a vote too.

I haven't been inspired to do any maps for ages. I've tried but I just couldn't managed to even get a decent start on anything since I started this new job but this month I put the time aside to get going and after that I just kept on going even if it was just for half an hour per day. Thanks Bogie It's been fun. I'm hopeful I can participate in more challenges. I need to learn to do decent mountains.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Great job everyone!!!!

I did want to point out that "The Last Retreat" by FantasyMapShop is now labeled "The Last Retreat" by Ish_Joker, he changed his username today and the Thumbnail thing picked up the new name but the Poll cannot be changed. so there is a minor discrepancy.

Sorry for that discrepancy! I just preferred being a person over being a shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast