Thread: Athleon [Region Map]

Map Athleon [Region Map]

The Athlian Empire once ruled over this continent, expanding rapidly once Asamut the Immortal was sealed away. Ever vain, they renamed it after themselves and began a tyrannical rule over the inhabitants, non-humans were ostracised and oppressed while humans rose in prominence. The Eternal Concord, a conglomeration of kingdoms and states from across the sea eventually overthrew the Athlian Empire and exiled who remained to the Whispering Wastes in the north, never to be heard of again.

Athleon is my first attempt at a region map and I hope you like it. Any critique is welcome as I'm new to map making and would like to learn and develop wherever possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athleon_Map2.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	8.60 MB 
ID:	117053  

Welcome the the Guild Dungeon Mattster! Hey that's not half bad for your first go at a regional map. The sea serpent was a nice touch. As for constructive feedback, I'd work on the mountains a bit more. I'd recommend a more gradual transition in the color gradient between the mountain hues and surrounding colors. Otherwise this is looking good.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh